• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May I know if the pair is bespoke or Optimum? The fit is great and leather quality amazing.

Congratulations!

Thank you! They're bespoke, one of a few splurges I'm allowing myself as I retire from the military later this year. :)

kid1002

Reaction score
First time trying on the St. James II.

Man, I was really tempted.
Both black and mole suede looked and felt incredible to me.

IMG_6960大.jpeg
IMG_6961大.jpeg
img_6959%E5%A4%A7-jpeg.2171459
IMG_6963大.jpeg
IMG_6964大.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6959大.jpeg
    IMG_6959大.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 117

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kid1002

Reaction score
You can't go wrong with them. Probably their most iconic model.

View attachment 2171949
And… I just bought a pair!

Found this St. James II second hand in vintage cherry.

Wax is cracked especially at the heel, so I will have to give it a nice touch-up soon.

I am seriously contemplating on having this pair recolored into burnished brown or a darker burgundy. I know vintage cherry is its signature colorway, but truth be told I am not exactly sure what to wear with this color.

IMG_7092.jpeg
IMG_7091.jpeg
IMG_7090.jpeg
IMG_7089.jpeg
IMG_7088.jpeg

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And… I just bought a pair!

Found this St. James II second hand in vintage cherry.

Wax is cracked especially at the heel, so I will have to give it a nice touch-up soon.

I am seriously contemplating on having this pair recolored into burnished brown or a darker burgundy. I know vintage cherry is its signature colorway, but truth be told I am not exactly sure what to wear with this color.

View attachment 2171995 View attachment 2171997 View attachment 2171999 View attachment 2172001 View attachment 2172003

Great find, lovely colour.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
not really, my was a captoe lazyman, I think I have worn with neutral/light khaki pants and blue (not navy) sport coat (so yea Pitt look...), but never with suits I have to say.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any styling advice?
not really, my was a captoe lazyman, I think I have worn with neutral/light khaki pants and blue (not navy) sport coat (so yea Pitt look...), but never with suits I have to say.

Yes, I'd say that khaki and tan look great, but also grey, beige and ivory, and green tones too.

I would never re-dye that stunning colour.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I definitely have tried light grey a bit menswear look, dark grey don't recall I ever tried, beige/ivory would work, never tried green though (and if dark green work I would think navy pants would work too, but then not sure about the sport coat)

jssdc

Reaction score
I have a cherry pair of AS Moore (a poor man’s StJ2 lol) and wouldn’t wear with navy but frequently do with light and mid grey. It may be a bit menswear but I think works where I live (central DC). Why not wear them a few times to see if they work for you before recoloring?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads