• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Very interesting indeed...except that I can buy a Deco now for as much as an MTO...

:( that is a good point. if the option is there and what i want is available, id kop RTW deco before MTO in deco last.

JS - no probs, more for us! also, with your foot width, i would imagine the deco may not be optimal.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah well you bring up a good point stitches...which is that it is very very hard to find a RTW Deco in a UK11.5

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MTO DECO !!

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I copied a deco on the MH71
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif
I love this model

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yes.... G&G can do an inverted cap toe through MTO though.

That was just the best looking picture i could find with that style

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @laufer for the hatch grain samples, they have done a lot to help me decide on the leather type. Some pics in different lighting conditions. The order is Chestnut, Rioja, Oak, Espresso, Black (pardon the presentation table):

Indoor florescent lighting:

Direct outdoor sunlight:

Indirect outdoor sunlight:

I am not sure how much i am suppose to take away from the half finished scrap leather samples, but it did leave me with a little bit more to be desired. I will have to think hard about passing up some crust for this hatch grain...

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you to @laufer for the hatch grain samples, they have done a lot to help me decide on the leather type. Some pics in different lighting conditions. The order is Chestnut, Rioja, Oak, Espresso, Black (pardon the presentation table):

Indoor florescent lighting:

Direct outdoor sunlight:

Indirect outdoor sunlight:

I am not sure how much i am suppose to take away from the half finished scrap leather samples, but it did leave me with a little bit more to be desired. I will have to think hard about passing up some crust for this hatch grain...

That's exactly how I feel. I have shoes in rioja hatch grain, I handled shoes in chestnut hatch grain, personally I think hatch grain looks better in lighter colors. All in all I am not impressed I think there are better options, I like alpine grain but it only comes in two colors and these will be discontinued soon too.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
I have noticed all textured leathers are just not as supple. The shaft of my concept GG boots are in English grain, and it feels quite stiff as well. The crust leather vamp / quarters really make up most of the comfort for that boot. I could not imagine a whole shoe in English grain, the appeal is strictly in appearance for me.

Last edited:

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shiny
happy.gif

I used saphir burgundy cream on the rioja's....i think it darkened them a bit...now they look more like burgundy oxfords...

also used saphir burgundy wax for the toes.

anyone else use a different color on their rioja colored shoes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads