• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Deco Rogers for a cousin's anniversary dinner this evening. I think they go well enough with rumpled trousers...

Gaziano & Girling Rogers_SuitSupply Tokyo Trousers.jpg

unprocessed

Reaction score
For those with the Wensum sole, how does it comfort/break in compare with the normal leather sole? Would it feel any different on a pair of monks?

shoefan57

Reaction score
Thought I'd post some pictures of a pair of G&G Hove that I've enjoyed for ten years. I think they're a good advert for the leather quality.

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those with the Wensum sole, how does it comfort/break in compare with the normal leather sole? Would it feel any different on a pair of monks?
Extremely comfortable right away. I have only one pair that I ordered on Wensum and use it for travel if I’m likely to be walking around a city when the weather is iffy

shoefan57

Reaction score
Another great shoe from G&G. These are 14 years old, still on their original soles but been worn regularly. Bakers Oak Bark soles are the best. The model is "Derwent" and the leather is "Tan Pig Skin". I was very lucky to ring Dean Girling when he had some of this skin left over from a bespoke order and for an uncharge was happy to make these for me MTO. My apologies for not so great photography, its just me and my smart phone:

tempImage9dnIXG.jpg
tempImage9dnIXG.jpg
tempImageuGxy0U.jpg
tempImageuGxy0U.jpg
tempImagep0yioN.jpg
tempImagep0yioN.jpg

rdaws

Reaction score
I’ve got my trunk show appt tomorrow, does anyone have pics of well-loved Rioja hatch? I absolutely LOVE the way vintage rioja patinas (I have multiple pairs and absolutely love the way the transform between polishes), but since I’m looking to get a plain toe arran I’d like to get something with some more texture and visual interest. Still, I won’t give up the patina, so I’d love to see what the hatch does after some wears.

shoefan57

Reaction score
Please would you tell me whether you send your G&G shoes back to G&G for repair or whether you use a cobbler with a high reputation to do the repairs?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garrendavid777