• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Green gables would be great. Or a deco black imo
Yea the Deco black is very nice. it is so superior to normal black in my opinion.

I would be in for navy gable or the pic mw313 posted above I have Sinatra on the way so I am not sure about black but also open to other colors
Navy or which pic that I posted? The British Racing green or midnight blue?

I'm not a big black shoe guy anyway. I have a few and am done or quite some time with black. I'd only consider the Deco black for a shoe in the future with how different it is, but preferably for a different style than the Gable.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yea the Deco black is very nice. it is so superior to normal black in my opinion. 

Navy or which pic that I posted? The British Racing green or midnight blue? 

I'm not a big black shoe guy anyway. I have a few and am done or quite some time with black. I'd only consider the Deco black for a shoe in the future with how different it is, but preferably for a different style than the Gable. 

Midnight blue I don't think I need that many black shoes lol

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Midnight blue I don't think I need that many black shoes lol

Great because I love that midnight blue and the racing green, especially on the Gable and that would probably be amazing on the TG73!!!! Do you like the green as well and just prefer the Midnight blue, or only like the Blue?

Yea i'm done with Black shoes for quite a long time, but take a look at "deco black" when you have a chance. Unique almost feels like an understatement in the shoe world for this coloring.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great because I love that midnight blue and the racing green, especially on the Gable and that would probably be amazing on the TG73!!!!  Do you like the green as well and just prefer the Midnight blue, or only like the Blue? 

Yea i'm done with Black shoes for quite a long time, but take a look at "deco black" when you have a chance. Unique almost feels like an understatement in the shoe world for this coloring. 

Originally I was looking at cooper deco last vs Sinatra went with Sinatra for black whole cut honestly if I was spending that much money could of gown to Antonio meccariello calzoleria definition of sickness but once again sizing & last etc so,went with Sinatra very happy should be & hopefully getting soon. Pic to,follow :)

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm about to buy some black stingray shoes but still would do deco black or green

great idea with the stingray! whole cut?

so you would be in for a pair of Gable in either Deco black or Racing green? What about midnight blue? any interest in that as well?

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great because I love that midnight blue and the racing green, especially on the Gable and that would probably be amazing on the TG73!!!! Do you like the green as well and just prefer the Midnight blue, or only like the Blue?

Originally I was looking at cooper deco last vs Sinatra went with Sinatra for black whole cut honestly if I was spending that much money could of gown to Antonio meccariello calzoleria definition of sickness but once again sizing & last etc so,went with Sinatra very happy should be & hopefully getting soon. Pic to,follow
smile.gif

both are nice choices but I see what you mean for the whole cut. You know your size for the Sinatra and with so many shoes up in the air by trying out the MH71 it is best that you have your one last black pair to be fitting just right without a risk.

Yea Antonio has some amazing options. I'm sure I'll try him out at one point, but for now I'd rather get my stuff covered with the following for now:
Edward Green (not much anymore)
Gaziano & Girling (my favorite)
Enzo Bonafe (great for wacky stuff or just to try out some interesting styles for a phenomenal price)
St. Crispin's (I'm quite excited about getting this one going on a custom last - Green (olive or forest U cap toe ("Queens") with a heavily burnished toe and heel, on a custom last built off of the classic last)).

That is why for a Gable I'm up for the TG73 because we know that last already and would love to try either the midnight blue or racing green (since it is much darker than what I am working on for my St. C pair)

Then for the Jodhpur we are looking at doing with the Croc / Gator, I'm open to either the TG73 or to try out the Deco last at that point, but I'm thinking sometime next year for that one.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

both are nice choices but I see what you mean for the whole cut. You know your size for the Sinatra and with so many shoes up in the air by trying out the MH71 it is best that you have your one last black pair to be fitting just right without a risk. 

Yea Antonio has some amazing options. I'm sure I'll try him out at one point, but for now I'd rather get my stuff covered with the following for now:
Edward Green (not much anymore)
Gaziano & Girling (my favorite)
Enzo Bonafe (great for wacky stuff or just to try out some interesting styles for a phenomenal price)
St. Crispin's (I'm quite excited about getting this one going on a custom last - Green (olive or forest U cap toe ("Queens") with a heavily burnished toe and heel, on a custom last built off of the classic last)). 

That is why for a Gable I'm up for the TG73 because we know that last already and would love to try either the midnight blue or racing green (since it is much darker than what I am working on for my St. C pair)

Then for the Jodhpur we are looking at doing with the Croc / Gator, I'm open to either the TG73 or to try out the Deco last at that point, but I'm thinking sometime next year for that one. 

Yes I am golden for tg73 last my sinatras are on same last. For G&G & Striapin & EG I am very golden meaning have 6 to 7 pairs of each brand. Only thing that is lacking is EG galaway & Shannon also,vass is covered very well. But yea keep me posted if you do go,for deco or tg73 last most likely I will do it unless I Have that shade of color. That is one reason I did not spend money for deco last on black color.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I am golden for tg73 last my sinatras are on same last. For G&G & Striapin & EG I am very golden meaning have 6 to 7 pairs of each brand. Only thing that is lacking is EG galaway & Shannon also,vass is covered very well. But yea keep me posted if you do go,for deco or tg73 last most likely I will do it unless I Have that shade of color. That is one reason I did not spend money for deco last on black color.

so i know you're good for the Jodhpur for next year with the gator / croc on either the TG73 or to try out the Deco last, because that is amazing.

You like the Gable on the TG73 but are you open to either the Racing green or Midnight Blue, or just the midnight Blue. I'm okay with either, but prefer the Midnight blue since my St. C pair is going to be in a slightly lighter green.
I want the TG73 last, because we couldn't get the GMTO Walkton done on that Last and I don't have enough on the TG73 yet, even though I love it.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so i know you're good for the Jodhpur for next year with the gator / croc on either the TG73 or to try out the Deco last, because that is amazing.

You like the Gable on the TG73 but are you open to either the Racing green or Midnight Blue, or just the midnight Blue. I'm okay with either, but prefer the Midnight blue since my St. C pair is going to be in a slightly lighter green.
I want the TG73 last, because we couldn't get the GMTO Walkton done on that Last and I don't have enough on the TG73 yet, even though I love it. 

Yes I am good,for those only reason I didn't do walkton because I would at least like to try it on once for real life before buying them. I have two mto on that last & really wanted to pick up jodhpur on same last G&G lol & I have been wanting jodhpur for,a while & I lack roja color so,figured to pick it up,when soak get it some time this month or next.

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

great idea with the stingray! whole cut?

so you would be in for a pair of Gable in either Deco black or Racing green? What about midnight blue? any interest in that as well? 

Whole cut tassel loafer. Would love to do it as a GMtO but don't think we could get 6. I'd probably bite on a slightly darker than normal midnight blue. My midnight blue oak hams were a little lighter than I would've preferred but I do love blue shoes.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I am good,for those only reason I didn't do walkton because I would at least like to try it on once for real life before buying them. I have two mto on that last & really wanted to pick up jodhpur on same last G&G lol & I have been wanting jodhpur for,a while & I lack roja color so,figured to pick it up,when soak get it some time this month or next.

Oh I know with the Walkton and that is fine. I fully get it with ordering multiple shoes on one last without knowing the exact fit yet. I have a few on order on the MH71 as well. That is why I'd want to get the Gable on the TG73 in either the Racing Green or Midnight Blue. Thoughts?

Then after I am set in sizing for the others, I would then decide on the Jodhpurs with the gator / croc that we have talked about, so as I've said, most likely on the earlier part of next year. I'm very open to the Deco last for this too! It doesn't have to be TG73.

The Vintage Rioja is a great color. My Canterbury boots on the DG70 (not a big fan for my foot but they still work) are in Vintage Rioja and they look great!

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whole cut tassel loafer. Would love to do it as a GMtO but don't think we could get 6. I'd probably bite on a slightly darker than normal midnight blue. My midnight blue oak hams were a little lighter than I would've preferred but I do love blue shoes.

I'm good for that coloring too, especially if the toe and heel are significantly darker than the rest of the shoe so we can really see the "midnight" part. haha

do you have pictures of the midnight blue oakhams so we can see how light yours were made?

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh I know with the Walkton and that is fine. I fully get it with ordering multiple shoes on one last without knowing the exact fit yet. I have a few on order on the MH71 as well. That is why I'd want to get the Gable on the TG73 in either the Racing Green or Midnight Blue. Thoughts? 

Then after I am set in sizing for the others, I would then decide on the Jodhpurs with the gator / croc that we have talked about, so as I've said, most likely on the earlier part of next year. I'm very open to the Deco last for this too! It doesn't have to be TG73. 

The Vintage Rioja is a great color. My Canterbury boots on the DG70 (not a big fan for my foot but they still work) are in Vintage Rioja and they look great! 

I am open to both color so,that is fine by the way is it possible if you can post vintage roja pic color? I am not very picky I just don't want same color over lap,so,racing Green work because I have EG antique olive green color which I like also.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnlarry