• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best Outerwear - WHO DID IT BEST? VOTE!!!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3-way tie for the lead at the moment between aeglus, someotherstyle, and TTO. What happens if it ends this way? Rock, paper, scissors?
biggrin.gif

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
3-way tie for the lead at the moment between aeglus, someotherstyle, and TTO.

What happens if it ends this way? Rock, paper, scissors?
biggrin.gif

...dress-off, or is that just a striptease?
uhoh.gif

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AlanC...you guys need to throw the Rev some votes, the dudes polo coat is just crazy-nice!
drool.gif

Holdfast got my other vote just for being crazy, that coat is so whacked out HF, I love it!

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
+1. .
First, just want to say what a great sport NYR is. Yes, that is the "oven mitt" coat I was talking about. But, in this subway pic, it fits a lot better than the pic I am remembering. I also think this may be a near ideal example of what Flusser said about patterns making one look shorter. I am trying to picture the overcoat in a solid color, and it would be a whole different ballgame. Personal taste, of course. On a side note, in the subway pic, NYR's hair is obscured into the background, and we get a glimpse of what he'd look like with his hair buzzed. The combination of a closely trimmed beard, buzzed head, and "hip" glasses (and a solid coat in my mind) are a staggering transformation from the scraggly bearded guy look. Just something to consider... as you've put a lot of time and effort into your appearance. I am just saying that above look really works for you (sans the oven mitt...)

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One write-in vote for Kitonbrioni. I know he has a few haters, but his collection of outerwear is awesome
worship.gif

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
First, just want to say what a great sport NYR is.
Yes, that is the "oven mitt" coat I was talking about.
But, in this subway pic, it fits a lot better than the pic I am remembering.

I also think this may be a near ideal example of what Flusser said about patterns making one look shorter.
I am trying to picture the overcoat in a solid color, and it would be a whole different ballgame.
Personal taste, of course.

On a side note, in the subway pic, NYR's hair is obscured into the background, and we get a glimpse of what he'd look like with his hair buzzed.
The combination of a closely trimmed beard, buzzed head, and "hip" glasses (and a solid coat in my mind) are a staggering transformation from the scraggly bearded guy look.
Just something to consider... as you've put a lot of time and effort into your appearance. I am just saying that above look really works for you (sans the oven mitt...)

It always far too cold for me to buzz the hair when i'd be wearing an overcoat. I tried it for a few years, but just didn't like it...soon enough, I'll have no choice. I'm 5'9.5" irl (I guess I'm the same height on the internet). I think I know the pic you're thinking of though...I look like a 90 year old Croatian widow.

Here we go:
IMG_4580-1.jpg

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
^Count me as a fan of NYR's granny coats. I think the checks are great.

And TTO, thanks for the kind words. I thrifted that polo coat for $20. It's just as great as it looks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads