• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a data dump was sent to a bunch of people today which includes the alleged evidence. that woman is going scorched earth.
I tried to read through them but lost interest after a minute or two. Certainly inappropriate for a married guy and her boss if real, but it’s far from scathing. Granted I read very little but it read as consensual flirty coworker texts.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried to read through them but lost interest after a minute or two. Certainly inappropriate for a married guy and her boss if real, but it’s far from scathing. Granted I read very little but it read as consensual flirty coworker texts.
I wonder if Ginger Spice will go all Swifty and write a revenge song and dump his asss.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, F! It's clear that you really don't care about pissing away the rest of the US audience that you've finally built up the last few years after decades of trying. Watch the ratings plummet even more than they did last year. Nobody wants to see the most unlikable team with the most unlikable driver dominate every race by 20+ seconds.

bgsmith

Reaction score
Congratulations, F! It's clear that you really don't care about pissing away the rest of the US audience that you've finally built up the last few years after decades of trying. Watch the ratings plummet even more than they did last year. Nobody wants to see the most unlikable team with the most unlikable driver dominate every race by 20+ seconds.
What exactly do you want F1 to do about it, tell Max to drive slower, tell RB to make a shittier car?

I am no fan of Max but this isn’t F1’s fault, also why does this only apply to the US market, also how is this that much different than when Lewis was dominating?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm excited for the season but am not hopeful that we'll have an actual race for the WDC.

That said, WEC and IMSA Hypercar offers a nice distraction from the Max/Red Bull destiny. The Rolex 24 at Daytona this year even had some 2021 F1 WDC level drama with the white and checkered flag being thrown a minute early (giving Porsche and Penske the win). Kind of hard to watch an entire endurance race but multiclass racing is fun to watch. The end of this weekend's WEC race in Qatar came down to the last two laps. The Hypercar class is stacked this year as well (Porsche, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Peugeot, Toyota, Alpine).

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Max’s dominance is more like Schumacher’s than Lewis’s in that he has a number two in the other car. Throughout the Merc run (and depending on the year), Lewis had someone between an equal number one and a 1.5 in the other car. Checo has never been better than one of Bottas’s meh years relative to Max.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the midfield was fun to watch

RB VISA drama plus livery looked the best

Mclaren is steady and Carlos dgaf

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Could have had Hass finish in the points :(

Also, were the graphics glitchy for anyone? At one point the order froze while they were swapping drivers. And there was a team radio box thr game on and was incorrect (i forget how)

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Could have had Hass finish in the points :(

Also, were the graphics glitchy for anyone? At one point the order froze while they were swapping drivers. And there was a team radio box thr game on and was incorrect (i forget how)
Yeah it was super glitchy on F1TV (can’t speak for ESPN).

I had to watch the race on airplane WiFi, but the F1TV crew is pretty good. It’s a true shame not having Crofty, but also a real pleasure not having Danica (assuming she covered the race on ESPN today). The best way I can describe the feeling of not seeing or hearing Danica all weekend is when you are getting repeatedly punched in the face and then suddenly the person punching you stops punching you in the face

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are you guys playing F1 Fantasy? It’s really challenging this year because RBR is way too expensive now (and for good reason). My team, which I’m not happy with, is:

Drivers:
VER
SAI
STR
ALB
MAG

Constructors:
Ferrari
Haas

Last year I got in early and managed to keep VER, PIA, ALO, and RBR and MCL on my team without blowing the budget. It’s so much harder (and discouraging) this year

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads