• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For those of you who wear glasses

notation

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good storage solution for multiple glasses? I keep mine in their cases, but I'd ideally like a nice box or rack where I could see all of my glasses instead of having to open multiple cases to find the ones I want.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Some style gurus will tell you it's "wrong" to hang your sunglasses in your tee-shirt or polo collar and to tilt them up on your head.

Yes, practicality is always out of style.

Gatsby

Reaction score
there's a trend for 'hip' guys in japan to wear "ring" necklaces to hang their sunglasses on.

here's the most brand whorish (bulgari) example:

key_-ring_7.jpg

Note that it is actually a key ring.

MCsommerreid

Reaction score
Eyeglasses always hide in their case when not in use, as they are balls ass expensive.

Sunglasses used to go on the top of the head, which is particularly easy to accomplish when one is bald as a cue. Now that I got my new pair, they tend to hang from a pocket, shirt collar, or go into their little bag and into my backpack.

ozonemania

Reaction score
My eyeglasses are transitionals. I picked a frame where the lens shape could pass as sunglasses. Honestly, after getting these I'm not interested in getting prescription sunglasses and switching between the two. Couldn't be bothered.

I do own sunglasses but I buy cheaper ones (under $50). I lose them and break them way too often. I'd probably be more careful if they were expensive but why risk it? As long as they have a good shape that fits my face, that's good enough for me. When not wearing sunglasses, I'll store them in my breast pocket.

g.re

Reaction score
Originally Posted by notation
Anyone know of a good storage solution for multiple glasses? I keep mine in their cases, but I'd ideally like a nice box or rack where I could see all of my glasses instead of having to open multiple cases to find the ones I want.
Using cases of different colors, and trying putting the glasses always in the same ones? Otherwise. My mother uses three different glasses, and she can easily put the two eyeglasses in one case (this being a bit bigger than usual) and the sunglasses in another.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
Yes, practicality is always out of style.

Well, actually, I have found a VERY practical reason for not wearing them in my shirt collar or on top of my head, and that is that I've almost broken a very expensive pair when they've dropped off after I've bent over (forgetting they were on the collar or on my head).

Also wearing them on the top of my head messes up the lenses.

And I have to say, more and more, I don't like the look. It just looks sloppy to me. Sorry about that.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g.re
I know. We all know. But when you have no bag/backpack/gf's purse, where do you put them?

If I'm out on errands or whatever, I pretty much just carry them if I need to take them off. If I know I'll be going inside some place for a long time--say a grocery store or a mall and such--I just leave them in the car (safely in their case and out of the sun, of course). No need to have sunglasses inside a store, after all.

If I'm out and about on business, I have my leather tote with me and tuck them in there in their case.

Beyond that, there really is no other option, is there. Carry them, put them away, or tuck them in your shirt collar or tilt them on your forehead. Pretty simple really.

Leaf

Reaction score
Wearing the glasses on the top of your head can stretch the frames. In addition that can mess up your hear (in case you care of course :) )

If you do not like hard carrying cases, get a soft pouch. You can put it in your pocket when you wear the glasses. And you can use the same soft bag as a cleaning cloth. I know Spy Optic sells their sunglasses with the pouches. I do not know if they sell them separately.

dyzfunctioned

Reaction score
Either in the backpack if I'm heading to another terrible Econ class, or in the shirt collar.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I put the in my pocket in their case. Just get a soft case.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
He took it to get the lens put back in and they stripped the screw and it's hard to find screws like Dior uses so he's basically fucked.

From personal experience, 2 things could have happened. Either the guy putting the screw back in didnt know what he was doing and stripped the screw OR the lens was too big to begin with and when they put it back in it de-threaded the inside of the frame, not the screw.

Also when he gets them repaired ask them to put in a taping-screw. It will re-thread the frame where the screw goes in. A taping-screw should fit better than the Dior screws.

Im not commenting on this to be a jerk, just letting you know so that you can get it repaired correctly...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads