• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For the Double Monk lovers

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so for the longest time i thought double monks were god awful looking. I mean just plain crappy. I could not for the life of me understand the appeal of the AE mora (actually still can't), but when I saw these, they totally clicked for me. In fact I love them.

They aren't EG or Lobb, but I kinda like the berluti-esque antiquing and the general shape is appealing to me. The quality ain't bad, probably a bit worse than AE, but not by much.

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

what do you guys think?

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like them! Magnanni makes decent quality shoes on rather nice lasts at a very appealing price. More guys should buy them instead of Bruno Magli or whatever.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Love em! I have them in black. Really happy with the last on em.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Derek, they had them in black suede but not calf. If you're into the shape, might be a good deal at around $175.

Thanks guys, there are times when I buy something and get some remorse, but not this time. At $200, I think these are money.

GasparddeColigny

Reaction score
Nice monks!
I have 3 pairs of Magnannis and I am very pleased with them. For me they strike the right balance between classic styles and an elegant last. They do have a bunch of fashion forward designs that are stomach-wrenchingly awful! At one time I hope to upgrade to G&G, their deca line is stunning.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, for me the monks will be a once in a while wear item, so I'm not hugely concerned about how long they last. For the money I think they're great, but of course, G&G is an entirely other level.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look very nice. IMHO the lower lines Santoni are not better made. I bought last week from Lisbon, Portugal a pair of grey Magnanni oxfords which seem to be in a similar last.

graymerica

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of the pointy / squared toe, but the rest of the shoe is awesome.

Looking at their website, it looks like all their shoes this year have that toe profile. Mine (loafers) are a couple of years old and have more rounded toe.

Magnanni are a great value and will serve you well.

Last edited:

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not a huge fan of the pointy / squared toe, but the rest of the shoe is awesome.
Looking at their website, it looks like all their shoes this year have that toe profile. Mine (loafers) are a couple of years old and have more rounded toe.
Magnanni are a great value and will serve you well.

the chiseled toe isn't my all time favorite either, but i think it goes pretty well with the monk look. I don't like the mora style monks.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have pair in black Betis calf. Beautiful shoes.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Theyre very nice. Quite the change from not liking them to getting a pair. I don´t own any, but ever since I saw them, i found them to be very elegant and really good looking shoes. Have a lot of different things i wanna get, and double monk straps are among the top choices.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads