• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOOTBALL • VOETBAL • FÚTBOL • CALCIO • FUTEBOL - 2013-2014 THREAD

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I dislike CR7 more now than I did at the beginning of the game. I'm glad his only goal came on an irrelevant and useless penalty at the end.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:slayer:

Champions of Europe. Fantastic.

I was jumping out of my seat as it went to 90+, and then Ramos towered home and I leapt up screaming. Fantastic.

And then Bale coming through yet again in a huge way.

Yes, CR7 goal was worthless, but now he's scored in two finals, and his ego will have been tamed a bit.

Di María is player of the season for me. Pure engine, in a new-ish position, and created the winning goal. Constantly threatening, tracking back (although don't know how many noticed it was CR7 who was back at left fullback on the play that sprung Di María and Bale for the winner).

Atleti ran out of legs. They poured so much into 90 they didn't have anything left. Costa's idiodic call to start too did them in, burning a sub after 8 minutes. Ultra selfish. Cost them the game.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Di Maria has been underrated for awhile, but he seems to finally be getting some more recognition. Doubt he'll remain underrated now.

Re: CR7, I think I am going to create a drinking game where one has to drink every time he pretends to be hurt or visibly moans about some officiating call or non-call. Should make at least the group stages of the World Cup interesting (no prediction on where Portugal ends up ultimately so maybe it will entertain for longer).

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
CR7 is the LBJ of football -- for better or worse

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agree about Di Maria, he was masterful. If he plays like that with the weapons he has on the Argentine national team, they will be ridiculous in Brazil

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ True, but "Ronaldo-ing" doesn't have quite the same ring to it as "Lebroning." Plus a lot of people flop in soccer (Robben is notorious). I hate it, but I like the rest of the game enough to put up with it.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, and congrats to Real Madrid and their fans. Real played great football in the Champions League this year and deserved the win.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wouldn't say I'm a fan of RM but as long as Barca isn't hoisting that cup, I am happy :bigstar:

Last edited:

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good game! Ronaldo doing the Balotelli flex on the meaningless goal was priceless :facepalm: Did anyone see him coming off the bus as they made their way into the dressing room pre-game? :confused: Wearing what looked to be either a sequined or rhinestone studded backpack :happy:

Well, thread is only 50 pages after a full season :embar: . :foo: does that by announcing his views on underwear!

New thread for the World Cup? :slayer:

Last edited:

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Good game! Ronaldo doing the Balotelli flex on the meaningless goal was priceless :facepalm: Did anyone see him coming off the bus as they made their way into the dressing room pre-game? :confused: Wearing what looked to be either a sequined or rhinestone studded backpack :happy:

Well, thread is only 50 pages after a full season :embar: . :foo: does that by announcing his views on underwear!

New thread for the World Cup? :slayer:

New thread, yeah.

Strootman to Utd in January?

zatarregaza

Reaction score
I still don't understand what Simeone meant by putting Costa in for 9 minutes. It seems they could've used that sub later in the game. When Real scored the game winner and the goals that followed, you could just see how tired Atleti was. Their attacking was anemic and no one was able to get back in defense on those goals.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics