• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Four new arrivals from Hamilton--one is hiding.

This one is my favorite. It's a pink and purple stripe with a contrasting white club collar:

You can read more about them on my blog: classicamericanstyle.net

Last edited:

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wanted to have a tacky linen blend shirt to go out to have an icecream on Naples and look different of my usual uniformity.

Fabric is the best blend after Riva, buttons are the most expensive button that exist ( that i know) and no one uses.

Note is not the 4 but 5 mm costing 1,25 euros a piece.

Collar is an experimental one.

Buttonhole is the oval one also to do difference from my usual.

Last edited:

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
sartordinapoli

I wanted to have a tackyi think Tacky is the wrong word. the shirt looks very nice and casual linen blend shirt to go out to have an icecream on Naples and look different of my usual uniformity.

Fabric is the best blend after Riva, buttons are the most expensive button that exist ( that i know) and no one uses.

Note is not the 4 but 5 mm costing 1,25 euros a piece.the reason no one uses them, is that they are so thick , it is hard to get through a buttonhole.

Collar is an experimental one.looks a little formal for an Ice Cream shirt.

Buttonhole is the oval one also to do difference from my usual. very nice

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sartordinapoli

I wanted to have a tackyi think Tacky is the wrong word. the shirt looks very nice and casual linen blend shirt to go out to have an icecream on Naples and look different of my usual uniformity.

Note is not the 4 but 5 mm costing 1,25 euros a piece.the reason no one uses them, is that they are so thick , it is hard to get through a buttonhole.

Collar is an experimental one.looks a little formal for an Ice Cream shirt.

Buttonhole is the oval one also to do difference from my usual. very nice

Thanks for the translation. Was a bit of in joke for some folks, since i only wear classic style business related orthodox colours so this was a new for me and sure some will call me it on other forums... lol

I should have used a superlight interlining for casual use as you say or maybe as non fused but casual in low weight either but having tried maybe all from the best three brands and do not like any for my personal use.

Anyway is the standard light fused, not the extrastrong. So is
Nice to wear as you know.

I keep trying daily to try to achieve my desired level, the unrecheable perfection maniac 11 out of 10. Yet far away.

The button, i have seen those for 4$ , i believe on free market so can't comment.

Next time will use a 18 on linen shirts instead.

Best

Last edited:

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Done for a shop this week. Note machinemade buttonholes and trocas button ( second quality of mop)

Last edited:

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trocas is a different animal... spiral shell

Trocas is a different animal... spiral shell

Is not the lesser quality part of the shell as i thought it was?

I have edited and uploaded the pics today. I got a new Galaxy mobile and the forum takes me to the main page when i try to upload pics with it. Any clue?

cheers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads