• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

MrChris

Reaction score

Coronaeus

Reaction score
A few new commissions from Spier & Mackay. Went with a soft collar on the red one and blue/brown one.

Curious about your thoughts on Spier and Mackay.

I've found the measurements to be very accurate from the first go. Any fabric from their middle and lower offerings is pretty awful, however, and I've had at least 1-2 buttons fall off of all 6 shirts I've purchased by the 5th wear. I like that they are local and I can see the fabrics in person and discuss any small changes to the shirts I order. I don't ever plan on using them again unless they are running an "any three shirts for $150" deal and would only go for their "top" fabrics. I'm planning on sending in my best fitting Spier and Mackay to Luxire for a comparison

dr. locktopus

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing the same thing.

As far as I can remember I've only ever gotten their top line fabrics. Their customer service is great, it's nice to chat with Rikky. Fit was very close the first time through (my right shoulder is very sloped compared to my left) but the adjustments were quick and have been good since. I've only had one shirt lose a bunch of buttons (and I have 7).

I'm going to order some of their more premium fabrics (Monti/Thomas Mason) my next time through (if I don't try something else).

BriceT1000

Reaction score
My first post here. A Colorado contributor. These are all 3 creations by Oscar Udeshi of London. From the left is a 170's Italian cotton, 240's Alumo and finally 120's Alumo in a pale lilac.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even with the color totally out of whack, those are some nice shirts; especially for a first post. You're a fan of turned back cuffs, eh? ps - Welcome to StyleForum!
My first post here. A Colorado contributor. These are all 3 creations by Oscar Udeshi of London. From the left is a 170's Italian cotton, 240's Alumo and finally 120's Alumo in a pale lilac.

BriceT1000

Reaction score
Thanks Razl! I started with a solid blue that had the turnback cuffs and I really enjoy them. They are so unique. I blame the whack color on trying to compensate for cellphone camera quality. I will use a real camera whenever possible. I wish the shirts were still show-folded so I could get a better picture. This photo does not do these shirts justice!.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Even with the color totally out of whack, those are some nice shirts; especially for a first post. You're a fan of turned back cuffs, eh?

ps - Welcome to StyleForum!

Indeed; terrible lighting, great shirts and great first post!

BriceT1000

Reaction score
Indeed; terrible lighting, great shirts and great first post!
Thanks for the shirt compliments. Hopefully here in a few weeks a couple more will arrive and I can search for the light. Redemption will be had in the form of folded shirts.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you like shirts with white cuffs and collar? Me neither, but due to my mistake when ordering, I am now stuck with a bunch. Give me a reality check; how bad is it?

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you like shirts with white cuffs and collar? Me neither, but due to my mistake when ordering, I am now stuck with a bunch. Give me a reality check; how bad is it?

White cuffs and collar with a white body and sleeves are not too bad ;)

Kidding aside, I like that 1980s power look at times, blue or blue/white striped shirt with white cuffs&collar.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love the look, as you can have a slightly bolder stripe or check on the body, but it won't overwhelm your tie...

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I love the look but it's an occasional one, not an every day one. So it's only bad if your existing rotation isn't large enough to absorb these so that you're only wearing them, at most, once every 10 days or so. At least, that'd be my yardstick. Even at that pace I'd worry that it might still attach a bit too firmly to others as your "look"; but whether you want that or not is up to you.

Still, the stack of shirts looks nice :slayer:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads