• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit for Dockers pants

ibengals

Reaction score
I'm looking for someone who has experience with Dockers pants. I am confused as to how you know if the pants will fit your thighs. I have 23" quads.

I have 32" waist, 30" inseam, 23" quads.

Anyone know which ones would fit, and which ones wouldn't? Any help would be appreciated.

scourage

Reaction score
anything bigger than 'slim' fit will be quite baggy. The d1 slim fit i would describe as a straight fit. They would probably be decent for you. if you don't have much junk in your trunk you could try one of their skinnier options.

dgonsh

Reaction score
check out the Dockers Alpha. I picked up 2 pairs green & navy. Love them. Slim through leg, not to slim in the quad area. I have thick quads too. These are great.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
dockers has the most inconsistent fitting pants of any label ever. even within the exact same model/style you might find up to 5 or 6 different overall fits. only way I'd even consider them is if you tried them on in store or plan to have them tailored.

TheDroog

Reaction score
I have very similar proportions to you, so I can offer some advice.

If you're looking for a slim look, then you want the D1 fit or the Alpha Khakis. With your quads, anything slimmer (D0, Khaki Waders) will be too tight. The D1s and the Alphas will feel slightly tight in the thighs when you first get them, but they'll expand the more you wash and wear them. The Alpha Khakis have a middle rise, slim thighs, and tapers in the lower leg -- it's a good fit and people have been raving about them in the Slim Khakis thread. I like the D1 Soft Khakis even more - it's slim through the thighs, straight down the lower leg, and has a higher rise.

aphextwin07 is totally right about the inconsistent fits. They must have different factories producing their pants because I've had a 31x30 pair fit me exactly right and another 31x30 pair that actually fits like a 32x29. It's best to try it on and buy it in a store; even if you think you know your size, what you receive from dockers.com might fit totally whack.

ibengals

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! What waist size should I order to ensure that they fit throughout the thigh area, is there really any way to tell, or just go to a store?

I'm from Canada and having them shipped by a family friend. The only store that carries them in Sears, and their selection is very limited.

TheDroog

Reaction score
I would recommend going with your normal waist size (32) for a true slim fit. In the absence of trying things on in a store, consider ordering multiple sizes (31-33) from an online retailer like Amazon, which has a good return policy. Keep the ones you like, send back the ones you don't.

dgonsh

Reaction score
Im in toronto! picked up the alphas on 40% at The Bay Yorkdale. Bay Eaton had too.

I think they were $50ish after discount.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads