• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finally updated blog: Anna Matuozzo shirt!

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
She does make the polo shirts. They are not what you would think of as a normal polo. I think there are pics on www.shibui.eu.

I don't like them as I find them hard to get on and off. T4phage likes them very much.

I think I know what you're talking about. It's more like a regular shirt cut like a pullover. But I noticed this on mafoofan's blog post on Matuozzo. It looks like a relatively normal polo.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
With the collar popped, it looks like a Glennie.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She also makes some 'normal' type polos in cotton pique. A client of her's recently ordered some in cashmere-wool, and cotton.

The other type of polo is made of a cotton that feels like a mix between a pique and a royal oxford.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aragon765
One interesting comment on the shirt you did take pictures of. I was at what is considered a 'high-end' men's store in Canada yesterday (Harry Rosen), and after chatting for while, I saw they had some shirts on sale. They only had two in my freakish proportions, and one of them was a BD which I was not interested in, and the other one was very similar to the one you have posted (in pattern only, I in no way claim it was close in quality) - spread collar, blue and white stripe about the same size as your shirt and very similar colour blue...

After looking at it, the salesperson told me it was 'an old man's shirt' and would do nothing for me, pretty much convincing me not to purchase it. And then I log on to SF today and see your shirt. I know you are young, and are also in law. So much for 'old man' ... and I love your shirt (color and design, the construction speaks for itself)...

I am enjoying the process of learning more about dressing well, but it can be confusing when you get diametrically opposed opinions on the same thing from different people (both of whom I 'trust') ....
confused.gif

I know the shirt you are talking about as I saw one in my size too. It's a Harry Rosen pvt label shirt (made in Italy By Mastai Ferretti I believe) and the price was very good at 60% off. Some of the fabrics are nice but they are cut very wide and I don't like the fit.

FWIW, I know some very nice associates at Harry Rosen but I have never met one who's advice on taste I would trust.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a sucky photo of an AM polo taken when I was on vacation in the pacific last year..... after a few drinks..

poloqh8.jpg

LAguy, those jeans are Levis Vintage Clothing 1947 501s about 3yrs old.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I had this image of you as a tall, stocky blond Dutch guy...

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only an Asian guy would call himself T4phage. I know guy on a different forum whose name was E.Coli and another whose name was drosophila. Asiatic people are so predictable.
crackup[1].gif

Originally Posted by LabelKing
No, I just had the impression from that picture that you were Asian.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coho
Only an Asian guy would call himself T4phage. I know guy on a different forum whose name was E.Coli and another whose name was drosophila. Asiatic people are so predictable.
crackup[1].gif

I was thinking vai a cagare, but thought better of it.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
Well, I am Dutch..

Is Jeroen Krabbe one of your favorite actors, as he is one of mine?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads