• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schnurretiger

Reaction score
Might be, but the zipper keeps unwanted hands out of the bag and you're able to fit a laptop-computer into it. AFAIK the opening of the field bag is too small for that.

milw50717

Reaction score
It's a double-edged sword. You need to have some new product lines, so you don't get stuck in your ways and have something new to attract buyers, particularly when you are selling items that are meant to last a long times. At times though, it does feel like an attempt to flee to Eddie Bauerism.

I was intrigued by a couple of things though

Assembled in the U.S. of Swiss parts, this quartz movement was chosen for its reliability and precision

Judging by the numbers the movements are Ronda quartz movements. Why would you import parts for such movements and assemble them in the US?

The stock movements are so damn cheap (around $50-$60 retail for chrongraph model) that there would be no benefit to importing the component parts, assembling, testing and regulating here, unless they were customised in some way.

As a Filson item, it's guaranteed for life under the conditions of the warranty.

What does that mean for things such as battery replacement, as this will affect water resistance along with such factors as the state of the gaskets. Return to Filson or Shinola ?

Maybe, I am too skeptical/cynical about such things .......

Etp095

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for the filson rucksack, wconcept is selling them for 50% off ($145), free shipping, and no tax outside of NJ. I jumped on the the otter green last night, tan is also available.

177itch

Reaction score

It's a double-edged sword. You need to have some new product lines, so you don't get stuck in your ways and have something new to attract buyers, particularly when you are selling items that are meant to last a long times. At times though, it does feel like an attempt to flee to Eddie Bauerism.

I was intrigued by a couple of things though
Judging by the numbers the movements are Ronda quartz movements. Why would you import parts for such movements and assemble them in the US?

The stock movements are so damn cheap (around $50-$60 retail for chrongraph model) that there would be no benefit to importing the component parts, assembling, testing and regulating here, unless they were customised in some way.
What does that mean for things such as battery replacement, as this will affect water resistance along with such factors as the state of the gaskets. Return to Filson or Shinola ?

Maybe, I am too skeptical/cynical about such things .......

I'll buy one when they get marked down!

erey512

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First post here, but I've been lurking for quite a while. I'm about to pull the trigger on a 256, I've literally read every page of this thread (thank you all for your posts), but before I call Crane's and go with the 256 tan with a handgrip, I was wondering if anyone had broken-in pics of their navy 256/257 that you could post...? I've gone back and forth between OG and tan, but navy is an intriguing choice as well. However, most of my wardrobe is in the blue family, so I kind of want to mix it up.

Background info: I work in a hospital and wear scrubs, so I'm not too worried about the too casual vs more formal look.

I know that deciding on a bag should not be this difficult, but since my budget likely will only allow 1 bag for the foreseeable future, I want to make sure I get this one "right." I debated 256 vs 257 for the longest time and finally decided on the 256 for my needs. Then I was sure I wanted the tan, but otter green also looks awesome. Now, navy is making a late push.

I value any help or input before I place the order.

Thanks y'all!

MBATF

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First post here, but I've been lurking for quite a while. I'm about to pull the trigger on a 256, I've literally read every page of this thread (thank you all for your posts), but before I call Crane's and go with the 256 tan with a handgrip, I was wondering if anyone had broken-in pics of their navy 256/257 that you could post...? I've gone back and forth between OG and tan, but navy is an intriguing choice as well. However, most of my wardrobe is in the blue family, so I kind of want to mix it up.

Background info: I work in a hospital and wear scrubs, so I'm not too worried about the too casual vs more formal look.

I know that deciding on a bag should not be this difficult, but since my budget likely will only allow 1 bag for the foreseeable future, I want to make sure I get this one "right." I debated 256 vs 257 for the longest time and finally decided on the 256 for my needs. Then I was sure I wanted the tan, but otter green also looks awesome. Now, navy is making a late push.

I value any help or input before I place the order.

Thanks y'all!

Don't have a broken in photo of the 256 or the 257 but I can say that popular colors in order are Tan, Otter Green & Navy . Tan and Otter Green will develop better patina in the future IMHO.

Love my 72 Hour Briefcase ( now called 24 Hour Briefcase )

Last edited:

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to track one of these down since they came out for Urban Outfitters like 5 years ago. Very happy to have it

!

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
looks good!

motosacto

Reaction score

MBATF

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads