• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mutombo

Reaction score
Anybody else get their orders canceled yesterday from the sale? I placed my order within a few minutes of the sale going up and had 3 out of 4 items canceled as being out of stock and discontinued. Pretty disappointing. Also, since my order total went from ~$500 with free shipping down to $110 with the cancellations, they tacked on $8 for shipping...

wquiles

Reaction score

Anybody else get their orders canceled yesterday from the sale? I placed my order within a few minutes of the sale going up and had 3 out of 4 items canceled as being out of stock and discontinued. Pretty disappointing. Also, since my order total went from ~$500 with free shipping down to $110 with the cancellations, they tacked on $8 for shipping...

Oh wow, that sucks. I was not even able to get to that point as the quantities went to zero right away!

Perception.

Reaction score

I have yet to receive order confirmation, hopefully that doesn't mean my order is cancelled as well. It looks like that, however, since my cc has yet to be charged.

Last edited:

Rahat

Reaction score
I used two filson bags. One for traveling and one for my office. My laptop and files fit perfect on the bag.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Filson looks to have gone through another round of price increases - 256/257/258 are $265/$345/$385, respectively. Surprised at the wide gap in pricing between 256 and 257, and the smaller gap from 257 to 258. Would have expected the opposite since the 256 and 257 are much more similar.

letsi

Reaction score

Filson looks to have gone through another round of price increases - 256/257/258 are $265/$345/$385, respectively. Surprised at the wide gap in pricing between 256 and 257, and the smaller gap from 257 to 258. Would have expected the opposite since the 256 and 257 are much more similar.

Yeah... I wonder what kind of justification do they have for the price increase this time other than "because they can" since people are still buying their bags after all the hikes in the past? They seemed to have dropped the Twill and Tweed variation of the 256 as well which is a surprise as I thought it had become part of their standard product line, guess it wasn't selling as well as it should...

Last edited:

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They've gotten rid of almost all of the color/fabric combination bags, and have pared down their luggage offerings overall. I wonder if it's a shift in direction from what they've been doing the last couple of years, or if there's a bunch of new stuff coming.

Looks like the original sportsman bag is a thing of the past as well (presumably replaced by the heritage sportsman). They'd have a real winner on their hands if they'd combine the heritage sportsman with the medium travel bag. Or really, just add the U-shaped opening of the sportsman to the medium travel bag - ease of access was the only issue with that bag. If I'm nitpicking, they could also raise the strap attachment points a bit. But regardless of those two issues, the medium travel bag is fantastic - I'd strongly recommend people buy if they come across remaining stock that ends up on sale.

milw50717

Reaction score

They've gotten rid of almost all of the color/fabric combination bags, and have pared down their luggage offerings overall. I wonder if it's a shift in direction from what they've been doing the last couple of years, or if there's a bunch of new stuff coming.

Bixby bicycle and AEV Brute next ?

Hopefully, it is just discontinuing lines that didn't sell well, leaving a core of products that do sell. I worry when a company starts to offer a wide variety of items in a number of colours. Seems like desperation.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bixby bicycle and AEV Brute next ?

Hopefully, it is just discontinuing lines that didn't sell well, leaving a core of products that do sell. I worry when a company starts to offer a wide variety of items in a number of colours. Seems like desperation.

I thought the Brute was pretty cool, then I saw the price...c'mon. I'd love to know how many of those they've sold.

I'm surprised they have so much of the wheeled luggage - both duffles and suitcases. Never had any interest in any of that myself, and you don't really see them discussed on the forum. I'm sure SF is only a small fraction of their consumer base, but it just doesn't seem like the type of stuff that would appeal to their customers. Apparently I'm wrong, or they wouldn't still be offering them.

The move back to the core stuff makes sense. On the one hand, it's nice to see them trying to improve the functionality of their products. On the other, a lot of the combinations were pretty out there. The heavy tin was great, though. The whole limited release nature of those products was odd.

I wish they'd get the navy twill up to the level of the tan, otter and brown.

Schnurretiger

Reaction score
Did they get rid of the small carry on? I thought that was the superior bag to the medium field bag they still have, as it comes with a zipper for added protection!

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did they get rid of the small carry on? I thought that was the superior bag to the medium field bag they still have, as it comes with a zipper for added protection!

Depends what you're using it for, but if you're in and out of the bag a lot, even having to keep undoing the buckles gets annoying. Can't imagine having a zipper as well. I think for most people, either the medium field bag or one of the briefcases is a better option.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads