• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RobZ87

Reaction score
Thanks to wdahab for the heads up on the 30% off. Ended up picking up an olive Pullman. Told myself I would wait to buy one until Christmas this year but couldn't turn down 30%. I know I've seen that deal before but I can't remember how often they do it.

Total was $313.55 shipped to Illinois.

Last edited:

tim y

Reaction score
Thanks to wdahab for the heads up on the 30% off. Ended up picking up an olive Pullman. Told myself I would wait to buy one until Christmas this year but couldn't turn down 30%. I know I've seen that deal before but I can't remember how often they do it.

Total was $313.55 shipped to Illinois.

Haberdash actually has 1/3 off using code OURGIFT and it tacks onto Filson. The website is painfully slow, so I just called the shop. Their MSRP is actually a bit lower than elsewhere, so I just nabbed a Pullman for $272.42 shipped to IL. Maybe cancel the Brooks order if you want to save a few bucks.

BluePlateKing

Reaction score
Treated myself to an early Christmas present- $215 shipping included for a Medium Travel Bag in Otter Green.

I originally wanted either the small duffle or Sportsman, but couldn't pass up the deal on the travel bag.

Has anyone with a Medium Travel Bag ever had difficulties using it as a carry on during flights?

Thanks

tim y

Reaction score
It was definitely in stock and on the site this morning when I ordered. Maybe a limited supply. I've never shopped there before, so I'm not sure what they generally keep on hand.

OCAlan

Reaction score
Haberdash actually has 1/3 off using code OURGIFT and it tacks onto Filson. The website is painfully slow, so I just called the shop. Their MSRP is actually a bit lower than elsewhere, so I just nabbed a Pullman for $272.42 shipped to IL. Maybe cancel the Brooks order if you want to save a few bucks.
One of the best deals I've seen in a while, 33% off, no tax(for us in CA), free shipping if over $100. Brooks Brothers' 25-30% off deals still have tax. Jump on this deal if Haberdash has anything your looking for. I picked up the filson travel dopp kit for $73.90 total shipped with a couple of fillers which will make nice white elephant gifts!

P.S. Haberdash seems to be using some older lower pricing as well on Filson items

Last edited:

scrolls

Reaction score
I've skimmed quite a bit of this thread and I'm still really torn between the 256 and 257. I like the slimmer profile of the 256 (and love the Harris Tweed version) but also need to fit everything I need. The bag will be used for work and will pretty much always have the following items in it:

15.6" laptop (probably with a sleeve)
Laptop charger
iPhone charger
Pile of papers between .5"-1" thick
Various small things (pen, paper, calculator, etc)

I feel like it's better to have a little too much room with the 257 but I don't know. Any thoughts? Thanks.

JTA

Reaction score

I've skimmed quite a bit of this thread and I'm still really torn between the 256 and 257. I like the slimmer profile of the 256 (and love the Harris Tweed version) but also need to fit everything I need. The bag will be used for work and will pretty much always have the following items in it:

15.6" laptop (probably with a sleeve)
Laptop charger
iPhone charger
Pile of papers between .5"-1" thick
Various small things (pen, paper, calculator, etc)

I feel like it's better to have a little too much room with the 257 but I don't know. Any thoughts? Thanks.

256 vs 257
Alternate use of 257
257 images

The 256 will fit you. 256 is good for commuting.
Use 257 if you're traveling or carrying more items than that.
However if you want some extra space to carry some unexpected things, then 257 may be better.

Last edited:

RobZ87

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up.

For anyone else looking for a cheap Pullman, Haberdash has one tan one left at their "Roosevelt Collection" location. No more olive.

MakingChanges

Reaction score

Also worth noting, a lot of employers offer a Brooks Brothers Corporate discount, which is good for 15% off every day.  May even stack on their 30% deals.  Haven't tried it, but may be worth a shot if you're in the market for one.  Just ordered a Large Duffle off of there ($258 - 15%). Not complaining.

Order a large duffle yesterday, shipping date of Feb. Was yours the same shipment date?

I can wait, it's not a crisis, but seemed like quite some time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads