• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ferrari 458 photos unveiled

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Saw a 458 in the wild around Alpharetta, GA last week, I live near the Ferrari Atlanta dealershp so the sightings are quite juicy around the neighborhood. They also have Aston Martin and Maserati.

It's a gorgeous car in my opinion.

dave

Reaction score
Having seen a few around town now, I certainly like it better in the metal. It has some drop dead gorgeous lines. I still dislike the front end though, no getting around that.

Saw a 599 GTO a few weeks ago though. Black on Black on Black. now THERE was a serious looking machine. I've always thought the 599 was a bit of a pig but man, that GTO looked mean.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a fail. Hideous inside and out. Look at Alfa GT for comparison that is how sports car should look.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pezzaturra
What a fail. Hideous inside and out. Look at Alfa GT for comparison that is how sports car should look.

Let me get this straight - you are calling the design of the 458 a fail?

amstokesdb9

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave
Having seen a few around town now, I certainly like it better in the metal. It has some drop dead gorgeous lines. I still dislike the front end though, no getting around that.

Saw a 599 GTO a few weeks ago though. Black on Black on Black. now THERE was a serious looking machine. I've always thought the 599 was a bit of a pig but man, that GTO looked mean.

So true, the GTO is jaw dropping

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
both pics of the red Oakley 458's are taken at what are probably the most flattering angles for this car.

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
If you think anyone buys a 350 thousand dollar car so they can fly under the radar and only enjoy it for themselves, you're an idiot.

I think some people do. Certainly some of the fastest Porsche 911s look little different from the slowest/cheapest. Skip the decals and who'd know your GT3RS wasn't a base Carrera? It'd take a Porschepile to spot it.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
I think some people do. Certainly some of the fastest Porsche 911s look little different from the slowest/cheapest. Skip the decals and who'd know your GT3RS wasn't a base Carrera? It'd take a Porschepile to spot it.
Agreed. Tons of people buy cars for themselves and not for other people. You like its looks, and you like driving it. What does the thumbs up of a random person on a highway do for you anyway? Also if you drive to a gathering of Ferrari/Porsche/Lambo/whatever enthusiasts, everyone has one too, so there is nothing to "show off" anyway. Honestly, in my experience, very few people buy these cars to show off. Side-note, a very wealthy friend of mine in highschool used to buy designer stuff because he liked it, but he always used to put duct tape over the designer brands. It was so funny. I remember he bought this D&G backpack and put duct tape all over the front so nobody could see the D&G. He hated the attention and would only drive his nice cars (which he bought because he likes cars) at night so nobody would see him. Some people really just do it for themselves.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Agreed. Tons of people buy cars for themselves and not for other people. You like its looks, and you like driving it. What does the thumbs up of a random person on a highway do for you anyway? Also if you drive to a gathering of Ferrari/Porsche/Lambo/whatever enthusiasts, everyone has one too, so there is nothing to "show off" anyway. Honestly, in my experience, very few people buy these cars to show off.

Side-note, a very wealthy friend of mine in highschool used to buy designer stuff because he liked it, but he always used to put duct tape over the designer brands. It was so funny. I remember he bought this D&G backpack and put duct tape all over the front so nobody could see the D&G. He hated the attention and would only drive his nice cars (which he bought because he likes cars) at night so nobody would see him. Some people really just do it for themselves.

I agree, but my point still stands that nobody spends 350k on a car that wants to be low key, not noticed, and fly under the radar.

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
I agree, but my point still stands that nobody spends 350k on a car that wants to be low key, not noticed, and fly under the radar.

You seem to be stuck in an IF/THEN loop so let's turn this around. Say someone does want to stay low key, not noticed, and under the radar, and wants a car with the performance specifications of the Ferrari 458, meaning it can't be bigger, slower, heavier, older or hold more people. What would you recommend?

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
You seem to be stuck in an IF/THEN loop so let's turn this around. Say someone does want to stay low key, not noticed, and under the radar, and wants a car with the performance specifications of the Ferrari 458, meaning it can't be bigger, slower, heavier, older or hold more people. What would you recommend?

A black 458 instead of a red one? I think the physics of the car's performance envelope pretty much dictate what the car has to look like. You could probably tone down a curve here and there, and maybe it could be a little quieter, but that car looks like it does because it has to.

--Andre

Kookz

Reaction score
The 458 Challenge at Ferrari's driving school in Italy. Looks great lower and on real rubber.
754317458%20challenge.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads