• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite sneakers?

benchan

Reaction score
Stan smith is great, but do avoid pairing them with bootcut jeans. Another minor point is that it is not as comfortable as some other classic sneakers mentioned above.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like the Addidas Stan Smith sneakers. I'm thinking about getting a pair. They would look great with my new APC jeans. It is the most copied shoe design this season; everyone from Dior Homme to RL.

What do you guys think (I'm getting them reguardless)?
As I said before (possibly in this thread), they used to be better, with glossier leather on the body and green trim rather than the dumb looking matte blue, as well as a slightly lower/flatter cut. But I still like them. I have had two pairs of them and they both wore for a really long time.

YMark

Reaction score
These Onitsuka Tiger Corsairs are pretty cool - Link A little pricey, and whiter than my usual sneakers... except the lavers.
I had a pair of those about 30 years ago. I think they were probably around $30 then too.

dumadiscount

Reaction score
black af1 sheeds
biggrin.gif
sidenote:- anyone notice that sneaker bracket comp thing at espn? theyre voting on the best sneaker of all time. the final 3 are jordan iii, jordan xi and the air max 95

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Asics Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66, which I own. The red stripe is what makes them special.
75496-p.jpg

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these are the sneakers i have, im an adidas fanboy
biggrin.gif
my favs in terms of looks are the rod lavers, but for comfort its definitely my well broken in superstar I's ive had for about 3 years now...
18702225959.jpg
the sambas i got at footlocker for $19.99USD.. the lavers i got at winners hehe...

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought these recently.
145990.jpg

@riss

Reaction score
As I said before (possibly in this thread), they used to be better, with glossier leather on the body and green trim rather than the dumb looking matte blue, as well as a slightly lower/flatter cut. But I still like them. I have had two pairs of them and they both wore for a really long time.
Dude, it is true that there is now a matte-finish Stan Smith available, which is aesthetically worse than the original, but the original is still available.

Also, if you buy online from the UK you can get the velcro Stan Smith's, which I can't find anywhere in the states and which are hotter IMO.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
(j @ May 03 2005,23:20) As I said before (possibly in this thread), they used to be better, with glossier leather on the body and green trim rather than the dumb looking matte blue, as well as a slightly lower/flatter cut. But I still like them. I have had two pairs of them and they both wore for a really long time.
Dude, it is true that there is now a matte-finish Stan Smith available, which is aesthetically worse than the original, but the original is still available. Â Also, if you buy online from the UK you can get the velcro Stan Smith's, which I can't find anywhere in the states and which are hotter IMO.
I've never seen the original style in a store (well, not since I was a kid). Granted I live in Seattle, where we don't have much to choose from. I definitely don't want velcro, though.

@riss

Reaction score
They have this version in the online adidas store, but it's one ugly colorway.
Those are the velcro SS, but they are definitely not in a color scheme I would advocate. I personally only enjoy the white/green Stan Smiths worn, as a previous poster already mentioned, scuffed and dirty.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
onitsuka tiger mexico 66's definitely.... always gets people looking.

the new line of target archery in canvas are also great- but you have to remove the leather kiltie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads