• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fantasy Premier League 2011-12

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What to do with Ba? He's off to the Africa Cup of Nations till mid Feb but I'll take a big hit if I transfer him as I only paid £6.7M.

How? He's selling for 7.6 now, so you'll make a profit of .9

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You only get 50% of the gain (rounded down) so I have to sell for £7.1M and if I want to buy him back will have to find an extra £0.5M. I have sold him though and hope his price will fall over the next 5 weeks while he is away.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What dictates when a "bonus" is applied to any players point production?

All three of my forwards received Bonus' this week, and I ended up killing it in the standings.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You only get 50% of the gain (rounded down) so I have to sell for £7.1M and if I want to buy him back will have to find an extra £0.5M. I have sold him though and hope his price will fall over the next 5 weeks while he is away.

Bound to fall by at least .2

zeusbheld

Reaction score

What to do with Ba? He's off to the Africa Cup of Nations till mid Feb but I'll take a big hit if I transfer him as I only paid £6.7M.

i'm going to offload him and take the hit, as he's not likely to be back until February. i am going to wait until just before next gameweek wraps up though, just in case i have to deal with injuries.

Not Ed Harris

Reaction score

i'm going to offload him and take the hit, as he's not likely to be back until February. i am going to wait until just before next gameweek wraps up though, just in case i have to deal with injuries.

I've got Ba and Yaya Toure out for the ACON, so both have already been shipped out for Yakubu and Dempsey. I'd get them transferred out as soon as possible if I were you as (I think) the prices can change during a game week based on how people are buying and selling. A couple of months ago I think I missed out on about 0.5m by not transferring Given out as soon as he got injured.

Also, who's this new fella that's just come into the league in first place?

zeusbheld

Reaction score

Also, who's this new fella that's just come into the league in first place?

unless there're other late joiners keeping an even lower profile, that'd be me.

short intro: i'm an American, a New Yorker but i live and work in Bangkok, been here 6 years. i'd been reading the forum for quite a while before i actually signed up

by now i'm aware that i could get better tailoring done in HK than Bangers, and at a still-reasonable price, but 100 baht for a taxi is quite a bit cheaper than flying to HK, not to mention less time-consuming... i will put up a thread on the subject in the not-too-distant future (with pics, so the very many people on this forum with a good eye for clothes can suggest improvements).

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just have a feeling I am losing ground. The fantasy league was much much better in the 2010/11 season.

Not Ed Harris

Reaction score

I just have a feeling I am losing ground. The fantasy league was much much better in the 2010/11 season.

By "much better" do you mean you did better? Anyway, chin up. Plenty of the season left and your in what, fifth? A few inspired changes with your January Wildcard and you'll be back in the running.

Also, a reminder to you all. January wildcard has to be used this week.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a very difficult to predict season though with the top 4/6 loosing to lower teams regularly.

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or rather with the inconsistency of the teams. At some point evedybody banks on Aguero/Rooney/Dzeko/Nani/whoever has been on fire. They score a couple hat tricks, and then totally disappear at some point. Seems like a lot of the good points have been by picking good defensive lines, and being on the Ba-train from the get-go.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Heh - decided not to let him go during ACN - only a week left for Aguero and Danny Grahm to work some magic...

Elysium

Reaction score
Feels like i've perpetually been stuck just behind the top 3, it's been frustrating to get consistent scores but make the wrong captain choice each week

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads