• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Factual errors/dumb stuff in movies that really ruin it for you

Brogued

Reaction score
Bullets hardly ever ricochet in movies. People walk right up to doors/padlocks and shoot them open. Please don't try this at home.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
an alien lands on earth and gives special powers to the guy that used to own a pizza place by giving him a ring and a camping lantern. whats up with that?!

PeterMetro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
an alien lands on earth and gives special powers to the guy that used to own a pizza place by giving him a ring and a camping lantern. whats up with that?!

Isn't that Mormonism?

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brogued
Bullets hardly ever ricochet in movies. People walk right up to doors/padlocks and shoot them open. Please don't try this at home.

reminds me of this guy who thought he could shoot a hole into his pan. Sadly he was holding the pan in the other hand facing his head ..

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Physics is a natural science.
You're hopeless.
facepalm.gif

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't mind stuff that doesn't make sense because afterall, we are watching a movie for entertainment.

What does get me is the inconsistency in the stuff that doesn't make sense.

For example, heros and villians with guns are typically better than Olympic champions capable of shooting firearms off people's hands. That's fine but what gets me is that once they face each other, they can't hit diddly squat.

East2West

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Peak and Pine
Why are you watching the Wizard of Oz? What are you, six?
Yawn....How original of you. Why are you assuming that I just watched this movie recently? And why are you calling me six?
dozingoff.gif

Robertito

Reaction score
As a guitar player, it bothered me that they made such a big deal that it was 1955 in Back To The Future, but the guitar being played, a Gibson ES-355, wasn't introduced until 1958.

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by East2West
Why are you assuming that I just watched this movie recently? And why are you calling me six?
dozingoff.gif

Yeah you did, you watched it recently, probably watching it right now. Sorry about the six thing. Seven?

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by East2West
When a protagonist is still discharging their Desert Eagle after 8 or 9 rounds, it bothers me.

Even better, a dude is shooting off a Micro Uzi or Mac11, fully auto, for 30 seconds straight.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
Even better, a dude is shooting off a Micro Uzi or Mac11, fully auto, for 30 seconds straight.
Aah- nothing like the "hollywood" clip.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robertito
As a guitar player, it bothered me that they made such a big deal that it was 1955 in Back To The Future, but the guitar being played, a Gibson ES-355, wasn't introduced until 1958.

Holy ****, I never realized that.
Still, the Chuck Berry reference wouldn't have been as good without it.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whenever a gun gets pulled out and a cocking noise gets played. No, pulling a pistol out of its holster or bringing a rifle to bear does not automatically cock the weapon. Racking the slide/bolt cocks the weapon. Also, a "clip" is not a "magazine," the two are not interchangeable nor are magazines of infinite capacity.

Movies like Blood Diamond which feature things like press checks and aimed semi-auto fire instead of "CHK-CHK: budda budda budda" AK fire from the hip icing countless dudes do a lot to add to the feel of the movie. If its something like the Matrix, I don't care much, but movies set in the real world would do quite well to pay a firearms enthusiast to ensure realism. Another good example is Heat - the weapons were very well done and were showcased in an excellent fashion. Tons of FN FAL and FNC Appreciation, too.
inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads