• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Factual errors/dumb stuff in movies that really ruin it for you

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When a character escapes a shootout unharmed only to realize that they have, in fact, been shot in the abdomen by reaching down at their bloody shirt and coming up with blood stained fingers.

WHOTHEFUCKGETSSHOTINTHEGUTANDDOESN'TREALIZEITRIGHTAWAY!?!?!

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Adrenaline, man.

East2West

Reaction score
When a protagonist is still discharging their Desert Eagle after 8 or 9 rounds, it bothers me.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
When a character escapes a shootout unharmed only to realize that they have, in fact, been shot in the abdomen by reaching down at their bloody shirt and coming up with blood stained fingers. WHOTHEFUCKGETSSHOTINTHEGUTANDDOESN'TREALIZEITRIGHTAWAY!?!?!
I've never been shot, but I sliced my thigh open pretty badly by breaking a pane of glass with my knee. I didn't feel a thing, except a wet feeling from the blood running down my leg. Maybe it's the same thing? Which brings me bttt - this experience tells me that if I ever crashed through a plate glass window like movie characters always do - headfirst - then I would be ******* decapitated. But apparently that's just me...jack Bauer can do it 20 times in a 24 hour period with nary a cut pinkie

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
The mention of an ATM machine in No Country For Old Men. Wasn't it set in 1980? Granted, I was only four, but I thought those were a relatively modern invention.

I got my first ATM card at the First American Bank in Alexandria, Virginia in August, 1980.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yachtie
In one of the spiderman movies where Doc Ock says he studies "science"- Looks doofus, if you're doing fusion, its Physics!

censored.gif

Physics is a natural science.

mellow

Reaction score
I love Master and Commander and props to Crowe for what looks like an attempt to learn how to play violin, but this clip always gets me:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've posted here before, but it must be a nightmare watching a movie with some of you people here.

BUT one thing that gets me is where all that music in films come from? Do the people on the screen actually hear it? Does the bad guy around the corner sense the danger as much as I do? So many questions!

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is why I cant stand most martial arts stuff. This choreographed fighting nonsense. Might as well just break into song and dance.
I also find it amusing whensomeone gets major head trauma or passes out only to suddenly revive and are 110%- not even a hint of wooziness or disorientation as they fight off multiple attackers.

Just once I'd like to see a spy movie where the person hacking into the computer system as the critical seconds tick away-gets killed because of a series of pop up ads or automatic update windows thwarted the job.

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackdarkeye
the day after tomorrow. Honestly makes no sense at all.

+infinity

Originally Posted by Teacher
Evidently, that bothers you more than the fact that Sean Connery has been an Englishman, a Russian, a Spaniard-***-Egyptian, an Irishman (twice), and an American (I think), all with the same Scottish accent.

That is the wonder that is Sean Connery.

Originally Posted by tiecollector
I like how the weather is so cold that a moving helicopter engine is frozen solid but this same cold is no match for a single pane of glass in a NYC library window.

Apparently all that is necessary to survive -150 degree temperatures is a good supply of books for burning.

Originally Posted by designprofessor
This is why I cant stand most martial arts stuff. This choreographed fighting nonsense. Might as well just break into song and dance.
I also find it amusing whensomeone gets major head trauma or passes out only to suddenly revive and are 110%- not even a hint of wooziness or disorientation as they fight off multiple attackers.

Just once I'd like to see a spy movie where the person hacking into the computer system as the critical seconds tick away-gets killed because of a series of pop up ads or automatic update windows thwarted the job.

McGruber!

My favorite dumb error in a movie is the opening scene of "The Arrival" (with Charlie Sheen!). News flashes around the world that a meadow has been found within 1/2 a mile of the North Pole. The announcements all focus on the sudden and mysterious climate change; I was more blown away by the presence of land in the middle of the Arctic Ocean!

East2West

Reaction score
" When Dorothy and the others enter the Haunted forest, the sign reads "Witches Castle One Mile." "Witches" is plural. To be grammatically correct, it should have said "Witch's Castle," making it possessive."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads