• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ernie's new bespoke suit

ezlau

Reaction score
So I had a bespoke suit made when I was back in Malaysia in August. 2 Button Navy suit made from Super 110's VBC suiting for ~$700. Wore them today for a career fair and took some pictures for you guys to critique at. :embar:

Frontal View

Back View

Side View

Spoo Pose

Close up of Fabric

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not bad at all.

Like the clean shoulder line from the side view.

Jacket might be a tad long, but that's just personal preference AFAIK.

Sleeves seem just a fraction short.

Did you ask for a fuller cuff break for this suit?

Benjamin E.

Reaction score
Looks like you've got shoulder divots and there's some pulling around the button. Also, the sleeves are a tad short. Other than that, it looks nice.

ezlau

Reaction score
Yeah the sleeves are kinda short, as I kinda underestimated the length of my shirt sleeves. I do think the shoulders are a little too padded too, although I asked for less padding but was told that it might cause some wrinkles? in the upper chest area.

By fuller cuff breaks, did you mean that the cuff are wider than it normally is? If that's what you meant, it was something that I noticed too after getting the suit.

Sorry about the lack of shoes :foo:

Mimosa

Reaction score
Looks good. Sleeves are a touch short. Is it just me or is the preference for sleeve length getting shorter and shorter. I saw someone today and he had like 2/3 of a cuff showing.

Mim

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^ i agree, I think they're getting too short nowaways. Some sprezz cuff is one thing, showing the whole cuff is another.

try moving your shirt cuff button to narrow the sleeve and see if that gets it sitting higher...

otherwise +1 to most of the comments, looks good but shoulders a tad too padded (fine by real world standards though)

ezlau

Reaction score
Kiton shirts have weird cuff buttons (or should I say they cuff kinda weird, at least I think so). I think a double button cuff might have worked better with the short jacket sleeves length. Thanks for all the comments though guys. I should also say that this jacket is fused due to the lack of time I had back in Malaysia for them to be able to complete a fully canvassed one. :embar:

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks good for a quick turnaround... but agree to all the above, definitely some issues in the shoulders, and in the SpooPose
2122.png
It seems like there is a lot of extra fabric with your arms crossed.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP: looks actually pretty good, especially consideing that you can probably straighten some things out in the pics.

Yeah the sleeves are kinda short, as I kinda underestimated the length of my shirt sleeves.

Perhaps, but the shirt sleeves look perhaps a tad long.

Sorry about the lack of shoes :foo:

Please don't apologize to such commentary :marchal:

... I should also say that this jacket is fused due to the lack of time I had back in Malaysia for them to be able to complete a fully canvassed one. :embar:

This is something you will want to avoid going forward; better to wait it out. Also, not sure that $700 is such a great deal for a fused suit.

...and in the SpooPose
2122.png
It seems like there is a lot of extra fabric with your arms crossed.

Not sure how you can possibly think that you can TM that pose.

lroberts208

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think the shoulders are too broad, too much padding, and the sleeves are about half an inch short. Maybe you can still have it modified with your bespoke tailor.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does not look too bad for a first attempt.

However never display a suit without shoes - the balance of the trousers depend upon the ensemble so comments on break etc are not possible. The shoulders look padded to extreme as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads