• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you would, I'd appreciate it!
We should be good for one more no 23 I think! I havent reenabled it on the website so its reserved for you if you'd like it

Charlie

Excellent! I'll PM you when I have a little more time.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About to pick up my third Stratfield belt and second buckle (in Ruthenium) today from the Post Office. Happy Christmas indeed! Thank you Charlie, Phoebe, and your talented crew! I hope my belts will still fit after the holidays! Cheers.

StyleNovice6

Reaction score
Hey Charlie,

It appears you have an Australian Nut 35mm Stratfield with palladium finish remaining. I assume this belt would be used 50/50; casually and also paired with proper trousers and dress shirt.

Do you think 35mm is a touch too large for such office attire? I'm 23, 6'2 with an athletic build and 35 waist.

Appreciate your insight, and look forward to my first belt from you!

Happy Holidays

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Charlie,

It appears you have an Australian Nut 35mm Stratfield with palladium finish remaining. I assume this belt would be used 50/50; casually and also paired with proper trousers and dress shirt. 

Do you think 35mm is a touch too large for such office attire? I'm 23, 6'2 with an athletic build and 35 waist.

Happy Holidays

With a body height and waist size like that I wouldn't go lower than 35mm.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

With a body height and waist size like that I wouldn't go lower than 35mm.

Hey Charlie,

Happy Holidays

I'd tend to agree. 35mm is a great width and certainly suitable for mixed and smart wear. Im tending more to wear 35mm and 38mm (1 3/8" / 1 1/2") rather than anything narrower unless its a totally formal occasion

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

About to pick up my third Stratfield belt and second buckle (in Ruthenium) today from the Post Office. Happy Christmas indeed! Thank you Charlie, Phoebe, and your talented crew! I hope my belts will still fit after the holidays! Cheers.

Hopefully there are lots of Equus boxes and bags to be opened by people all over the world tomorrow. Thank you so much to all you guys for making this a great year here at Equus, heres to another on next year! Happy Christmas to everyone

Charlie, Dawn and all of the Equus team!

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hopefully there are lots of Equus boxes and bags to be opened by people all over the world tomorrow. Thank you so much to all you guys for making this a great year here at Equus, heres to another on next year! Happy Christmas to everyone

Charlie, Dawn and all of the Equus team!

Merry XMas to you Charlie and everyone here!
1f60a.png

hnxcyb

Reaction score
Poor quality, both sides of the asymmetry, there are obvious flaws. The quality is obviously not as good as before.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Poor quality, both sides of the asymmetry, there are obvious flaws. The quality is obviously not as good as before.
If anything quality gets better every year - we invest lots of money and brain cycles making sure thats the case. Everything we do is hand made though and sometimes things are aesymetric, that end of the belt is hand cut and thinned. Thats not to say it isnt a fault (and the back of the turn does look shorter than it should be), certainly if you consider it a problem then it is a problem regardless of anything else, its your belt and you should love it. If you get in touch you'll find we stand behind what we make! Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

None here unfortunately but another nice watch that will need a better strap in the new year.

As an aside, have you ever done nato straps?

No - difficult to get the leather thin enough to be lined, stitched and still robust. Not 100% impossible though!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads