• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boot looks great, but I'm not sure how much wear it'd get if I already have a Whiskey Indy

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would buy the wholecut brogue in navy or midnight. I would be inclined to get it in calfskin for cost reasons.

styleophile

Reaction score

runningfrog

Reaction score

So for a us 10 on the smaller side of 10 should I go for a 8.5 or 9 in the boot?

i'm us 8 on the smaller side of 8 and i went with uk 6.5 for the terracotta boot. what size do you wear in alden barrie? i have both us 7.5 and us 7 in alden barrie. while both are wearable, i prefer the us 7 fit.

similarly, i have a uk 7 forest shortwing that is wearable, but is still a little loose even when the blucher ends are pulled fairly close.

Holtskog

Reaction score
well uk sizes is something like: E-F-Fx-G-Gx

i am Gx or GG :)

If forest wide fits EE US then there is hope.

anyone have measurements on a 8 or 8,5 on forest last? Maybe someone from epaulet?
anyone

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone interested in a rerun of the navy shell double monks on Rain last?

No but in a chukka or PTB :)

I love monks and double monks, but can't justify buying any more right now, unless they're done in medium brown suede (and epaulet will presumably restock both the Rand and Salinger in brown suede). I AM in the market for a 2- or 3-eyelet chukka with Dainite (or Ridgeway) soles. As an alternative, I would probably buy a 5-eyelet chukka. My chukkas are my go-to rain and slush boots.

Last edited:

Virchow

Reaction score

i am Gx or GG
smile.gif

anyone have measurements on a 8 or 8,5 on forest last? Maybe someone from epaulet?
anyone
I'm usually a 12EEE in most US shoes (11.5 EEE Barrie). In UK sizing that usually means I can squeeze into an 11.5G. Mike suggested I go with 11.5 wide in the Forest last and it fits great.

Barrister

Reaction score
I've heard that Carminas are lighter in weight than other high-end shoes, e.g., Aldens.

Is this true? If so, is it due to the absence of a steel shank? I note that Carmina's detailed description of their manufacturing process on the website makes no mention of a steel shank.

Does anyone know for sure?

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Can we get a few champions to get this going?
cheers.gif
[/QUOTE]
i can jump in for midnight calf wholecut austerity toe. the only last i have experience with is simpson which works perfectly

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i am Gx or GG :)

anyone
oops. I thought GG was an abbreviation for a shoe brand. Sorry for my confusion.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is pretty awesome. I would totally rock something like that in Navy.

Terracotta Boot ordered! Time to get going on this next one.

I counted about 4 folks excited about this - can we finalize what we want so Mike can get it going :bigstar:

I can see this being worn at the office all the way to black tie.
Chiseled toe - Rain Last?
Either Navy shell or midnight calf?
Wholecut?
I'm pretty open to ideas for the toe - Plain? Austerity? Small Medallion? Brogue?
Channeled soles?​

Can we get a few champions to get this going? :cheers:

I may be in if you guys decide on black calf in the rain last. I think this shoe would look great in tan or cognac too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads