• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@krspdla great question actually.. I have the bolt of cloth in front of me and I can't see my hand through it whatsoever. This is fairly thick cloth. I don't think that you need to worry about it... the see-thru aspect of light linen pants is usually just the pocket bags, and that happens because it fits tightly around your waist. You wouldn't have that problem with a jacket.

@dcjohnson no, it isn't... we'll be taking orders at 20% off until that Saturday. There's a good amount of fabrics too. The time sensitive bit is doing the last cutting at their Greenpoint factory. The idea is that we amass a bunch of orders (hopefully) between Tues and Sat... and they cut it and sew it all as a big, last hurrah in their current space. They're moving after that.. and the production will likely be offline for a bit.

So this is kind of special in that (1) we'll have great prices (2) you can have pants made at the OG factory with the full OG team (3) they'll have a special commemorative "Brooklyn Britches" tag (4) they'll have a signed certificate from the director and master cutter and (5) they'll be made really quickly.

It will probably take 6-8 weeks to be back up to full production at the new space, and I doubt that we'll get pricing like this again, as they have to invest a lot in building out the new factory. Right now they need volume and capital, so they're offering great deals.

If possible, I'm going to try and have them drop shipped direct from Hertling to customers in order to cut down on the turnaround time, but I can't guarantee that right now.

So, some new fabrics coming for the event on Tuesday? Any chance you've found some greatest hits ends they've uncovered during the move preparations??? :) Might be my chance to pick up a new pair of trousers...

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Sashimi Doyle about a year old pretty much the same no real sick fades.

B8718341-346A-4D05-AC10-3181D1E3FB09.jpeg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great, I’ll come to LA, we’ll mob up and run these streets.

Forget LA. With that jacket, y’all should move to Miami and take over.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Hi Mike, for the Tuesday event, any solid gray fabrics that could be made into a staple piece (aka boring “one suit” that can handle almost all occasions)?

Cacatfish

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would be able to catch me up to speed on the current state of Epaulet trousers. It's been at least 5 years since I last had some and I wore one pair of Walt and one pair of Rivets. I remember the Rivets (old fit I guess) had a really low rise and the Walts quite a bit higher (12.5 inches if I remember). More recently I saw Walts as having an 11.5 rise. Was this a change of design or just a change in the way they were measured? How do the newer Driggs pants fit into that rise equation?
On another note, I am looking for a pair of cotton trousers in a mid weight that will really develop some character with time. The 10 oz duck ones look good, and maybe the sanded canvas. I also remember the steep and regiment twills being pretty striking. Any suggestions from those that would be wearable year round and age with some nice character? Lots of questions, I know. Thanks for nay insights.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would be able to catch me up to speed on the current state of Epaulet trousers. It's been at least 5 years since I last had some and I wore one pair of Walt and one pair of Rivets. I remember the Rivets (old fit I guess) had a really low rise and the Walts quite a bit higher (12.5 inches if I remember). More recently I saw Walts as having an 11.5 rise. Was this a change of design or just a change in the way they were measured? How do the newer Driggs pants fit into that rise equation?
On another note, I am looking for a pair of cotton trousers in a mid weight that will really develop some character with time. The 10 oz duck ones look good, and maybe the sanded canvas. I also remember the steep and regiment twills being pretty striking. Any suggestions from those that would be wearable year round and age with some nice character? Lots of questions, I know. Thanks for nay insights.

@Cacatfish I'm going to put together a little site today that details all of our Hertling models.. very similar to this. We'll have a video guiding you on how we do measurements as well. The Walt pant that you remember hasn't changed in the rise, although we did make the leg opening on the bottom a bit trimmer maybe 3 years ago.

There's going to be about 20 total fabrics for this final cutting promotion, with quite a few 4-season cottons available. Everything shown in this item and in this one will be available, and I'm going to add in some more cottons and four gorgeous hopsacks from REDA (which are in-stock and ready to cut immediately). Turnaround time is going to be a few weeks.

Sweatin over here waiting for a preview of Tuesday

I'm putting together all of the photos and videos today, will post up everything once it's live. We've got a pretty nice and tight selection of fabrics with all of the basic bases covered. We've also got a new pant model to offer... the "Greenpoint." It's a double pleat model which is similar in rise and dimensions to the Wilhelm jean. Full specs coming later today!

Greenpoint Fit Outside Full.jpg
Greenpoint Fit Outside Detail.jpg
Greenpoint Fit Outside.jpg

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This explains why I had to let out the entire legs on the Walts that I ordered last year as I didn't notice the change. I will probably try to order a few Rudy instead. My original 33 Walts has a measurement close to a current 32 Rudy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads