• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

espen

Reaction score
@Epaulet - 'bout to pull the trigger on that REDA doyle to live out my rakish dreams (hopsack trousers, shantung tie, Heschung shoes) but wanted to make sure, would you say this made up relatively bigger than the sashiko doyle? Not by inches or any stretch, but thinking/hoping this fits more like a sportcoat and less cardigan-ish, if that makes sense?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in buying my 40 sashiko before the restock? lightly worn, never washed. I'll let it go at a good price. I'm thinking of sizing up to a 42 for a little extra sleeve and body length.

PM and let me know.

Recent pic of EP goods, Sashiko and Wilshires

2018-02-05 11.24.01_edited.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet - do you have waist/hip Doyle measurements by any chance?

Not now but I can supply them tomorrow. Figure that it works best for drop 5 to drop 8. So if you take a 40, it should work nice from from waist 35 to 32. It can’t be let out, but very easy to take in if you’ve got a bigger drop as well.

@Epaulet - 'bout to pull the trigger on that REDA doyle to live out my rakish dreams (hopsack trousers, shantung tie, Heschung shoes) but wanted to make sure, would you say this made up relatively bigger than the sashiko doyle? Not by inches or any stretch, but thinking/hoping this fits more like a sportcoat and less cardigan-ish, if that makes sense?

Oh I love it.. perfect kit for that! Yes it’s a bit larger and significantly more drape-y than the Sashiko. I think it will deliver exactly what you’re looking for.

Doyle's are mad crazy awesome. I've got six.

But the time has come to cater to your warm/hot weather breathren and show me the linen.

:fonz:

Haha nice... well we should find out what Hertling has left in about a week. They’ll be my first resource for linen.

Anything ever come of a madras doyle?

You bet... found some rad fabric for it, will be in a summer delivery

Mujib

Reaction score

I've emailed again and I've tried messaging you several times, but I'm not getting any response about my return. What's going on? Do you not get a PM notification when you log on here?

I hate to bring this up here in this thread, but I don't know how else to contact you.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
Sashiko preorders shipping yet?

pleatedjeans

Reaction score
Well, sure, but I'm going to wear it in a specific situation that calls for a tie, so any thoughts?

I think it'd look cool with a post imperial tie of some variety - depends how bold you want to go with it, a nice orange or rust colour could work, or a darker green

https://post-imperial.com/collections/sale/products/rectangular-pattern-tie

https://post-imperial.com/collections/fw16-ties/products/broad-striped-tie-2

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...tton-tie-white-adire-rectangular-pattern.html

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/indigo-untipped-silk-tie-green-adire-oya-pattern.html

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feeling springy (even though it’s cold out). All EP except monk boots (Vass):

82322998-4B37-4093-BAAF-BD4108D1D270.jpeg
4C191DEA-DC44-47CF-B9C0-AF4F972780B1.jpeg

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads