• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These just arrived and I'm very pleased with them. Probably going to pack them away for down the road sometime.

Such an awesome boot, great buy. I was sad that my size (8.5) wasn't available when I first came across them online :(

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Such an awesome boot, great buy. I was sad that my size (8.5) wasn't available when I first came across them online :(

I got mine as part of the pre order so luckily I didn't run into that problem. It's my first Plaza last so I was worried about fit but seems ok.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@epaulet are there any tennis highs available? Love my pair and I've decided that's the only casual shoe I need.

wakawaka

Reaction score
i will happily pay a small proxy fee for a pair of 10.5s if anyone wants to help!

Hmm in regard to the above, are there any venerable Epauleteers attending the sale who might be able to give a helping hand with Aldens in size 9/9.5?
mwink[1].gif
This is most probably pointless, but I wouldn't be myself if at least I didn't try, hee hee.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@epaulet are there any tennis highs available? Love my pair and I've decided that's the only casual shoe I need.

@tricky nope we haven't stocked Tennis highs in forever.

Thanks to everyone who came in today, I know that Adele saw a lot of friends and familiar faces!

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@tricky
 nope we haven't stocked Tennis highs in forever. 

Thanks to everyone who came in today, I know that Adele saw a lot of friends and familiar faces! 

Does that mean you won't be stocking them again or you're done with that style?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does that mean you won't be stocking them again or you're done with that style?

@tricky I think that we're going to retire it. We offered it in a few group buys, but it was consistently the worst seller. I think that the slip-on is going to be very popular, as will our new boot designs, and the factory will only accept so many variants when it comes to these projects. I'd love to hear everyone's feedback, but I'm thinking to replace the Tennis High & Running Trainer options with the Slip-On and the new Captoe boot.

Last edited:

aikiman44

Reaction score
The Running Trainer fits my foot a little better due to a wide forefoot, so my vote is to keep them available.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here. The tennis trainer and in particular the highs (mids?) on the far right are quite possibly the dopest kicks ever.

wakawaka

Reaction score
A good number of Aldens (including shell) still available at the store sale. A little bit surprised, but there was a discussion here a couple of months ago as to whether interest in Alden has waned.

Any 9 or 9.5 D by any chance?...
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads