• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
People were asking yesterday about the navy hopsack in the natural shoulder fit as a blazer; here it is along with oxford grey flannels in the Taylor fit:

tumblr_olw1w3R3yK1r8bgano1_1280.jpg

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Height is 5'9" ish and the jacket size here is 35. I usually look for jackets under 40inches in the chest and around 16.5 shoulder to shoulder (yeah, I'm skinny). I ordered an unconstructed shoulder fit that was the predecessor to the Dartmouth. That predecessor was 29.5 inches in length or thereabout, and I think that length was standard. This Dartmouth in this picture in the long size is about the same length, but the button stance is I think a little lower and the proportions look better to me.

May I ask your height and jacket size? Been considering this myself.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is it me or would the summer sunset madras make one hell of a trouser? I don't have the stones to pull it off, but someone else here definitely should!

I have a very similar madras trouser that I wear quite frequently when the weather is nice. I've ordered two full madras suits from Epaulet over the past couple of years and I don't have a problem wearing the trousers or the jacket, but I've never been brave enough to wear everything all together at once as an actual suit.

A madras trouser seems pretty easy to wear for me. I usually just tone it down with a solid white, off-white, or blue polo or button up shirt but with the sleeves rolled up. I think as long as the shirt is pretty subdued, the trousers are easier to get away with than a lot of folks might initially think.

@peppercorn78
@Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner is totally right on... Madras trousers are actually really easy to wear as long as you stick with white, light blue, or pink shirts or polos on top. You definitely get a strong preppy vibe from it, and it's a great Summer look. Works with boat shoes, bucks, sneakers, etc.

Doing a Madras suit is an art, but I've seen it pulled off. It's something that "Free and Easy" shows all of the time. You rock it full-on with the knit tie and Summertime shoes. I've never done this personally, but I imagine that you get a massive amount of props from people when you do it. It's such a bold and gutsy look.

X-post. Here is the Darmouth in a long size. I had to take in the waist.

@dalevy this is a great look... loving it with the turtleneck

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Working on the Southwick images, I'll get all of the hi-res ones loaded in later tonight. Thanks again for all of the Teba & Vittorio orders.. this project was a runaway success!

Real fast.. I'm going to do some custom hats with Ebbets Field. Since we've got a spot in NY and LA, doing a hat for each seemed to be the natural choice. How do you like these mockups? They'll be made in fitted sizes.

MKELLY

Reaction score

Hey guys, Working on the Southwick images, I'll get all of the hi-res ones loaded in later tonight. Thanks again for all of the Teba & Vittorio orders.. this project was a runaway success! Real fast.. I'm going to do some custom hats with Ebbets Field. Since we've got a spot in NY and LA, doing a hat for each seemed to be the natural choice. How do you like these mockups? They'll be made in fitted sizes.
Dig em. How can I claim the 1x 7 7/8 in NY?

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been eyeing the Suede Jodhpur Boots they have on sale. Could anyone comment on the sizing and how is it compared to other brands like AE, Meermin and Carmina?

FatCatPhil

Reaction score
I've been eyeing the Suede Jodhpur Boots they have on sale. Could anyone comment on the sizing and how is it compared to other brands like AE, Meermin and Carmina?

I actually had the same target in mind. How does the lisboa last compares to carmina's forest / rain or Meermin's Rui? Also just to be sure, does 11 US = 10 UK?

Last edited:

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually had the same target in mind. How does the lisboa last compares to carmina's forest / rain or Meermin's Rui? Also just to be sure, does 11 US = 10 UK?

When I spoke to Mike last, he described the Jodhpurs as being like the Carmina Simpson last.

plato

Reaction score
Hey @epaulet - I liked the cottton twill khaki in the vid on the page, but do not see it in the photos and am not sure which name is for it in the drop down menu. Can you advise?

nd1nd2nd3

Reaction score
@Epaulet

If I request a specific sleeve length for the Southwick jackets, do I measure sleeve length from the shoulder seam on the outside of the shoulder to the cuff, or the inside of the sleeve (under the arm)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads