• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cordovan horsehide...
drool.gif

Holy shizznet. Wow.

Mention this jacket on the Alden thread and Good Night Nurse to your inventory!

Freaking beautiful.

On edit: Whoops.I didn't read further down prior to posting.

Maybe it should have merely said "Oxblood"... Beautiful still.

Last edited:

Wanderlust3

Reaction score
Mike, what will be customizable with the Aero leathers? Will shoulder width, waist width, sleeve length, etc. all be customizable? If so, consider me very interested!
nod[1].gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mike, what will be customizable with the Aero leathers? Will shoulder width, waist width, sleeve length, etc. all be customizable? If so, consider me very interested!
nod[1].gif

@Wanderlust ah sorry, these are MTO, not MTM. So it's really just (1) odd and even sizes through a large range (2) body length and (3) sleeve length in terms of fitting. They can't modify the pattern for shoulder or waist, so you'd need to generally fit into our stuff. Leather does mold and break in though, so small fit issues that would be a problem on a sportcoat can get quickly resolved with wear.

And then of course you can style it with your choice of leather, liner, zippers, and hardware. We've got our own fit on this jacket that runs consistent with our shirts, sportcoats, and other stuff. Pricing will be $1100 for horsehide, a bit more on CXL, a bit less on suede, and about a 6-12 week turnaround for delivery.

Last edited:

Wanderlust3

Reaction score
@Wanderlust ah sorry, these are MTO, not MTM. So it's really just (1) odd and even sizes through a large range (2) body length and (3) sleeve length in terms of fitting. They can't modify the pattern for shoulder or waist, so you'd need to generally fit into our stuff. Leather does mold and break in though, so small fit issues that would be a problem on a sportcoat can get quickly resolved with wear.

And then of course you can style it with your choice of leather, liner, zippers, and hardware. We've got our own fit on this jacket that runs consistent with our shirts, sportcoats, and other stuff. Pricing will be $1100 for horsehide, a bit more on CXL, a bit less on suede, and about a 6-12 week turnaround for delivery.
Got it. Thanks for the clarification! I'm a small in EP in everything but the shoulders, so was hoping that this would be full MTM. Beautiful jackets, though - I'm sure they'll be super popular!

nickpapagiorgio

Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on buttons for the grey hopsack, as a Dartmouth, worn primarily as a sportcoat rather than a suit? I'm leaning toward tan horn.

loxo

Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on buttons for the grey hopsack, as a Dartmouth, worn primarily as a sportcoat rather than a suit? I'm leaning toward tan horn.
I ordered the same Dartmouth cut for a hopsack jacket (but in navy), so I think it's a great idea! I'm not a fan of Southwick's horn buttons so what I'm about to say with a grain of salt:

The hopsack is a mid-grey so It kind of depends on how casual you want it and I think the higher contrast of tan buttons is going to stand out and be more casual than a typical brown. If it were a lighter grey in a a warm-weathered fabric like cotton or linen, then the jacket will come off "summery." However, since the grey hopsack is a mid-grey then the contrast with the buttons will stand out more and draw focus to otherwise non-attention-worthy buttons.

If you'll pardon my suggestion, I have grey jacket with smoke mother of pearl buttons and it's awesome.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Veneto and EFF Cargo Wool Rivets
117b980c7f5034858f6a436b0ea4823f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theh00d

Reaction score
^ I already have a pair of light grey fresco trousers and med-grey tropical wool not sure if I should get the sunset, dove grey, or medium grey hopsack...decisions...

boxdok

Reaction score
Do you'll still plan on offering a double rider version on the Aero leathers. I think a rough out or suede double rider would be nice.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Reda Hopsack in swatch 8402 (sunset) and 8404 (champagne...from last year). They are both excellent. I have medium grey and midnight blue in Hertling's fresco (swatch 8291 and 8294 ... @Epaulet offers light grey, the blue, and a brown in that fabric) but am considering getting the REDA in those colors. In my opinion there's a significant difference between the two fabrics in terms of weight and hand to justify both. Both are breathable but the REDA is softer and a bit more cooler wearing. It also appears that the REDA navy (8403) is a good amount lighter in color than the fresco (8294).

Last edited:

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm definitely going to pick up the Old Gold POW check, though the charcoal is pretty cool too. As well I'm definitely getting the Stone Egyptian Kyber Cloth. I was really hoping that Hertling would drop a white/off-white fabric for spring this year. I had a old pair of white chinos from BB but they bit the dust last year when I ripped the ass open on my car door.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet do many guys buy trousers and elect to have them finished before shipping? I had been buying them unfinished and taking them to the tailor. Can you ask for them to be cuffed? Can the cuffs width be specified?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rafaelpallma