• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a good accurate shot of the color of the 130s oxford grey flannel fabric from the last EFF? I'm looking at the Walts on sale and the color is quite dark (and it is described as medium - dark) compared to what I received. My pair of 120s oxford grey flannels from an earlier EFF also seems fairly light by comparison. Thanks.

theh00d

Reaction score
Hmm. whats this? :D

http://epauletnewyork.com/collectio...n-ross-platinum-salt-pepper-wool-linen-bf2713

Edit: Found this picture & video

vimeo_logo.png

Last edited:

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on the olive Teba, kind of wish I could add a blue pants instead of olive.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pulled the trigger on the olive Teba, kind of wish I could add a blue pants instead of olive.

you probably could work something out if you just email them

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a good accurate shot of the color of the 130s oxford grey flannel fabric from the last EFF? I'm looking at the Walts on sale and the color is quite dark (and it is described as medium - dark) compared to what I received. My pair of 120s oxford grey flannels from an earlier EFF also seems fairly light by comparison. Thanks.
This one: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...le_Oxford_Grey_Fit_1024x1024.jpg?v=1449071410 looks pretty accurate to me. The one pair of walts labeled oxford grey does look a fair bit darker to me.

kickstand

Reaction score
@Epaulet Vittorio sizing quesiton. My perfect fit is a Dartmouth 35 short in the sleeves and regular body length. Going off the pre-order chart it seems a 36 seems good for me without a short option. The 35 Vittorio with 22.5 sleeves and 15.5 inch shoulder seem too short and too narrow. Any help there?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mike, if you'll field another sizing Q: Southwick 37, EP shirting Medium, LBM 36/46. Teba 37 or 38?

@applky for you, I'd say Teba 37 definitely.

@budapest12 yeah... we had a database refresh that wiped out nearly 20% of our online items, including every Walt trouser. I had to unearth some older photos to rebuild it. The sale pants are oxford grey.. they're all slight variants of the medium grey flannel that we all know.

@theh00d ah sorry, that was an individual item for a customer. He needed a matching trouser with special details so we hashed that item out for him. Should have taken it off of the site

@tv2177 we can absolutely do that. Just drop us an email. If you buy a 2-piece preorder and want the jacket & trouser in two different colors, it's no problem at all.

Have the Hertling EFFs been delivered? I think the orders were back in november.

@MSchapiro definitely, we got those right after Christmas. If you didn't receive them, let me know pronto

EFF green Rudy cords and Individualized shirt. Take note that my son cleaned up his Lego.

No spoiler, this is too sharp! @tricky

@Epaulet Vittorio sizing quesiton. My perfect fit is a Dartmouth 35 short in the sleeves and regular body length. Going off the pre-order chart it seems a 36 seems good for me without a short option. The 35 Vittorio with 22.5 sleeves and 15.5 inch shoulder seem too short and too narrow. Any help there?

@kickstand

The Vittorio and the Dartmouth are pretty consistent in their overall fit, even if a few measurements are slightly different. I'd agree though.. do a 36R in the Cotton Vittorio. The sleeves are easy to take up, and the body can always come in a touch at the waist. Cotton will typically fit a bit more snug than wool because it won't flex as much during cutting.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Dumb question that I expect to be met with a scoff and a resounding dismissal, as it probably should: ever thought of making a round of combat boots on a trainer sole? A pair in blue, grey, or sand suede could be killer. Or at least that's what my brain is trying to convince me or at the moment.

@notwithit meant to write you back on this... I like this idea. Something along the lines of this: (without the douche-y burnishing)

It's certainly easy to do.. my factory could last the combat boot onto a Margom sole without a problem. Would lower the price a bit too, maybe to $275. But we'd lose the ability to resole them, and I know that's important for some guys. I'd love to hear the thoughts of anyone who wants to chime in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads