• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Broke down and got the horsehide sport trainers. Now trying to hold myself back from the white tennis pre-order (I have two existing EP sneaks, the museum ones coming, a pair of Stan Smiths and two Lavers). I mean, where else will I get stingray kicks?

seasquirrel

Reaction score

Broke down and got the horsehide sport trainers. Now trying to hold myself back from the white tennis pre-order (I have two existing EP sneaks, the museum ones coming, a pair of Stan Smiths and two Lavers). I mean, where else will I get stingray kicks?

Me too-- just ordered the horsehide sport trainers. Thanks everyone for the advice on the extra wide options.

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped off my 3 pairs for Rivets at the tailor to "Shrivet". Went with 9" inseam, and pick up is next Monday; I'll post pics of them then. My tailor did warn me of the tighter thighs with a 1" cuff (folded inside), so he said he might go a little shorter. I skip leg day enough where it shouldn't be an issue

Also, @Epaulet , when are the June EFF trousers due? I can't recall, but looking forward to some steamed milk :)

Last edited:

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in for the horsehide sport trainers. I don't have a picture of my actual trainers, but I still wear the heck out of the original tan trainers pictured below and get asked all the time where I purchased them from. Can't wait for the horsehide!

nickpapagiorgio

Reaction score
I'm in for the horsehide sport trainers. I don't have a picture of my actual trainers, but I still wear the heck out of the original tan trainers pictured below and get asked all the time where I purchased them from. Can't wait for the horsehide!

Would love to see the grey ones on that sole again.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, @Epaulet
, when are the June EFF trousers due?  I can't recall, but looking forward to some steamed milk :)

Wondering this too, actually. Still haven't gotten my EFF sportcoat (took me a while to dial in sizing in person, totally my fault), so perhaps they'll come in around the same time, and I can pick them both up on the same trip. :)

Tallcane

Reaction score
Having the same problem as stevel91, the blue steel chinos as very tight in the thigh and butt. I have two other rivet chinos in the same size that fit fine. These are really tight.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Should have kopped them in grey museum.

@nickpapagiorgio yeah, that was a killer combo - grey museum and the gum sole. We should be able to run another round of Museum calf once the first one gets delivered, so they'll be another chance. Probably add some of our new shapes in too.

Dropped off my 3 pairs for Rivets at the tailor to "Shrivet". Went with 9" inseam, and pick up is next Monday; I'll post pics of them then. My tailor did warn me of the tighter thighs with a 1" cuff (folded inside), so he said he might go a little shorter. I skip leg day enough where it shouldn't be an issue

Also, @Epaulet , when are the June EFF trousers due? I can't recall, but looking forward to some steamed milk :)

@JR Magat factory is actually finishing most of them this week, and then the balance will be early August. They have a two week Summer break which is sitting in the middle of the production window, but won't be long now.

Ecru with teak for me.

@aikiman44 good call, what I ordered too!

@eljlakers nice, thanks for the order! We've got about 10 more slots for the Stingray back and about 6 more for Teak Shell.

Mike. Could you post the sizing tables for the Mulberry Leather jacket and the Eisenhower jackets?

Olaf

@OlafG ah sorry man, those are long gone. We deleted the items out of our system after discontinuing the shapes.

Yeah. I'm 11 D in Barrie or Truebalance and 11.5 in EP sneakers. The horsehide sport trainer fits roomier than my other pairs, but not to the point where I'd want to size down.

Yup, this is pretty consistent for most of our customers @applky

For those of you who wear a given size in the Alden Barrie/Trubalance lasts, have you found that going one size up for the sneakers works? I wear a 10D in Barrie/Trubalance, so I'd take a 10.5D in sneakers, right?

Also, for those of you who have any of the shell sneakers, do you find that water spots appear in the rain as with any shell dress shoe? Assuming it would, but I'm not familiar with the shell the sneaker factory uses.

@applky I've gotten minor spotting in the rain before, it's a property of the leather. Easy fix with Renovateur for me.

I want to order another pair of the horsehide high trainers because I'm wearing the heck out of mine. But the high is not showing up as an option???

@BootSpell fixed it!

I'm an EE. My foot is probably a true size 10 and I've owned a size 10.5 white tennis trainer since last year (one of the narrower models I hear). They are a touch long obviously but it hasn't been something I notice. I don't need to tie my shoes super tight or anything. I put them on, lace them up, and just wear them as I would any other sneaker. There is no discomfort on the width or excessive looseness due to length and I don't feel like I'm desperately trying to make something work that just doesn't. They are my most comfortable sneak, I love them.

One of the main reasons I had to try them out was because I saw all these cool preorder options and really wanted to participate. I'm glad I did and have a pair of the museum calfs on the way that should be unique and dope as hell. If the tennis trainer works for me, I'm sure they would for you. At the very least, the sport trainer should. My feet are seriously wide man, its been a big problem in life finding shoes until now. Good luck.

@Medoc thanks for posting this up and glad that they're working out for you!

Just to echo what he said: if you take a wide or fairly wide shoe, then the Sport Trainer generally works TTS. The Tennis high or low works a half size up. Unlike goodyear welt shoes, it's not a big deal if sneakers are a little bit long. And many guys even prefer to wear them longer than they would a shoe or boot.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@nickpapagiorgio yeah, that was a killer combo - grey museum and the gum sole. We should be able to run another round of Museum calf once the first one gets delivered, so they'll be another chance. Probably add some of our new shapes in too.

NICE.

Somebody said back and the tail end of the order that those of us who passed on the Museum calf order would regret it. Well, I passed, and it took a few months for me to really come around, but it's safe to say I won't be passing on the next order.

I can't wait to see everybody put up photos of those boots and sneakers. They're gonna look so cool.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And, by new shapes we mean the GYW PTB and Chelsea/Jodhpur? Or is that a dif factory.
peepwall[1].gif

All this EFF talk makes me regret the Iron Olive Melange EFF.

avidtest

Reaction score

Having the same problem as stevel91, the blue steel chinos as very tight in the thigh and butt. I have two other rivet chinos in the same size that fit fine. These are really tight.

Same here. Way to tight. Totally different fit than my last order of Rivets. My wife LOL'ed at me they were so tight.....:embar:

stevefok

Reaction score
I am still debating wether I should go with the sport trainers or the tennis trainers.....
baldy[1].gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads