• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nickpapagiorgio

Reaction score
Has anyone removed the darts from their Somelos oxford? If so, how evident were the stitch marks?

I prefer to avoid darts on darts on oxfords, but I otherwise really like the look and feel of the one that I recently received--the ideal weight and texture IMO.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome rolls > creases.

On a side note, thanks to whoever bought the loopwheeled t shirts in medium from the sale section! Was in my cart but inventory issues will save me from the wife
biggrin.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

kwanon

Reaction score
Can't agree. Wear 7.5 in barrie shell longwing, which I can wear and be on my feet comfortably all day. I tried 8 in the sneakers and my toes were touching the end of the shoe uncomfortably without even taking a step. Hence the sneakers in my signature. Maybe my feet are relatively narrow but longer than I thought....
Similar experience, though I think the leather is a minor factor too.

I have some 7.5 CXL Barrie that fit very well. I have two pairs of EP 8 tennis lows, one in suede and one in couro cromo. The CC I've recently conceded is just too small to wear. The suede is pretty snug too, but tolerable. I have a third pair in 8.5 grain calf that's perfect.

Definitely recommend a full size up from Barrie if you can, especially in a stiff leather.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone removed the darts from their Somelos oxford?  If so, how evident were the stitch marks?  

I prefer to avoid darts on darts on oxfords, but I otherwise really like the look and feel of the one that I recently received--the ideal weight and texture IMO.  

It won't be noticeable. I've done it with a few other shirts and they'll mostly go away after a few washes.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have some 7.5 CXL Barrie that fit very well. I have two pairs of EP 8 tennis lows, one in suede and one in couro cromo. The CC I've recently conceded is just too small to wear. The suede is pretty snug too, but tolerable. I have a third pair in 8.5 grain calf that's perfect.

Definitely recommend a full size up from Barrie if you can, especially in a stiff leather.

I think it's also based on how your Barrie lasted shoes fit. If you wear them snug in the toebox a full size up. If you have some toebox room a half size would do most likley. I find the EP trainer to be slightly larger then a typical sneaker, it's rounder and more full in the toe than say a CP Achilles.
But material can also play a factor as you mentioned.
That said, I would much rather have a slightly bigger trainer then snug. Snug toes in sneakers suck.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So this just arrived after a lot of debate as I have no clue how to rock a DB but Mike nudged me on this one.

A few questions as this is my first DB
1. What the heck do I wear this with - Rivets, Walts, Taylor? Don't say jeans...
2. For a DB do I need any alterations?

It's insanely soft and comfortable. Got to hand it to Mike for hitting this one out of the park.

Perhaps I need to wait for the Rudy bottom...

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agree on this. My 8.5 Barries are on the roomy side but I can't go down to 8. The 9s in my EP tennis trainers fit spot on. If your Barries fit snug you probably need to go up 1 size in EP sneaks.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think you can wear them with all 3 pant types for sure.

There are probably no alterations that are necessary.

Seriously well done, looks fantastic!

Thanks! I think I just need to get used to a DB :)

The button is pulling something fierce. It's either your stance or you need to get the jacket let out or both.

Hmm I see what you're saying. It certainly feels roomy but I'll need to try it on again to see if, to your point, it may be my stance.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@tricky - DB looks great man. I see what you guys are talking re the button but I think it's your stance..

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took the darts out of my EFF and now it drapes really nice.

I'll also add since we've been talking socks and EP has no real stake in the sock game that I recently picked up some linen and also wool blend socks from @Leatherfoot and they are absolutely bananas...I've now covered all my sock needs between these and Chups.

These are the linen ones and they come in all sorts of awesome soft colours...

Sorry to pull up an old post, but I was searching for no show socks for my sport trainers and stumbled across this. Are these chukkas the Epaulet x Carmina pebble chukkas? I have the same pair from a few years ago and might have worn them once, and I'm not sure why. They look great!

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks! I think I just need to get used to a DB :)
Hmm I see what you're saying. It certainly feels roomy but I'll need to try it on again to see if, to your point, it may be my stance.

Tricky, if it is not your stance and the jacket does not need to be let out, sometimes moving the button fixes the pulling problem. If your shoulders are not even (as with the case of most people), simply moving the button to account for a drop shoulder will smooth out the pulling.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry to pull up an old post, but I was searching for no show socks for my sport trainers and stumbled across this. Are these chukkas the Epaulet x Carmina pebble chukkas? I have the same pair from a few years ago and might have worn them once, and I'm not sure why. They look great!

Yup these are those from a couple of years ago. I can't tell you how much I love these things.

Tricky, if it is not your stance and the jacket does not need to be let out, sometimes moving the button fixes the pulling problem. If your shoulders are not even (as with the case of most people), simply moving the button to account for a drop shoulder will smooth out the pulling.

This is helpful thanks. I quickly tried it on again this morning and it seemed to be ok. I'm such a DB noob, God knows what I did in those photos:)

For my EFF coats I've been ordering 40R and having the back brought in and button moved to give me a great fit...amazing what a slight button move can do.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Archipelagos