• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Co-worker noticing my Epaulet MTO Taylor fit pants today:

I'll take it.
smile.gif
About to order a third pair.
I put in my order for my first pair of Taylor's yesterday but I have two Gable's already. They are such awesome pants.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I saw a preview of a Portuguese Oxford listing being built out on the site earlier! What a tease! Can't wait to see what colors are available in this makeup.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think I saw a preview of a Portuguese Oxford listing being built out on the site earlier! What a tease! Can't wait to see what colors are available in this makeup.

I'm looking forward to this too.

@duff406 @FrankCowperwood

Thanks guys, I'm going to work on them tomorrow - should have them online then. Thursday at the latest. We've got four colors: White, Blue, Red, and Sapphire.

Anyone who's followed the brand might know that I've searched for a sub $100 shirt for many years. We've done a few different iterations (shirts from Italy, EPLA Salt Washed Oxfords), but this is the best result that I've gotten. The fit is really nice on these, the collar has the right roll, and the fabric is great. The oxford cloth comes from Somelos - a very nice mill in Portgual, so it's an entirely in-country product. We put a light enzyme wash onto it. The fabric is a bit lighter and softer than Gitman's TTX and Individualized British Oxford. For a properly made, European oxford, I think that this will deliver more bang for the buck than anywhere else. That's pretty much the theme of my Portugal product development.

Kopped the blouson. Was about to pull the trigger on something similar but at twice the price! EP to the rescue once again.

@lifeinabox thank you sir! I think that you're going to be really pleased with it. We sold something like 16 of them today, it was awesome to see the reception that these got.

Speaking of Chelsea boots, here are some photos of the auburn couro cromo:

@FrankCowperwood amazing photos and they're a boss match to those jeans!

Mike,

How warm is the suede blouson? Wearable in 50-60 degree weather?

Also, make tall sizes! I really want to try a large but that length is pushing it.

@scrolls it's not a heavy suede, but it's lined. I'd definitely wear mine in 60-degree weather without a problem, or 50 degrees with a sweater underneath. I wish that we had more options, but this will only come in regular length for the forseeable future.

Reporting back for jury duty/selection today.

French blue Individualized shirt with two-button cuffs and British spread cutaway collar.

Tie is from EP's Brooklyn closing sale.

Suit is the navy cavalry twill from January Southwick EFF. 3-roll-2, tan horn buttons.

b4b351e0a713c78ce1d5b7db5af3e0bb.jpg

"Honey, but I have to get these shoes... I already own the belt!"
biggrin.gif

@cyclohexane great choice of the buttons on that jacket!
fing02[1].gif

Based on my current shoe collection, which colour dress belt should I go for? Caramel or Chocolate?

I'm leaning toward the Caramel, but I think this picture better represents what it looks like in real life.

@xdawes23 I don't think that either will be an exact match, but I'd lean towards caramel. Although you might consider getting the brown too if you don't have a staple brown belt. As long as the shoes and belt are complimentary, I don't think it's ever necessary to have them be exactly in line. My belts and shoes never are. I dig the shape on those punched medallion bal's!
Just wanted to say that the running trainers you make are my favorite sneaker I own. I have a bunch of other great shoes, including a pair of your tennis trainers, but I find myself defaulting to the running trainer as the cleanest-looking comfort shoe I have.

@JVK1 thanks so much - I'm glad that you're so pleased with them! I can't wait to see how all of the Museum calf runners that we ordered make up.

Mike.

How about an MTO for shorts.

Make it short and sweet.

@metranger8694 got you covered - we have some rad promo fabrics for this week. $175 MTO in any shape, including a short. The colors are absolutely bonkers.

@Epaulet

Will any of the leftover fabrics from Southwick EFF make it to the site as MTO trousers?

@nickpapagiorgio yup, that's the plan! We're a few weeks out on that though.

It's been an EP Alden weekend.

@fairlynerdy these photos are awesome - thanks for posting them!

Just want to say EP's customer service is top notch as always. My Sicilian Lime green linen shirt came with different cuffs than what i'd ordered including someone else's monogram JLM. But Mike ended up discounting the shirt for me since its sold out. It's not a big deal either since I'm just going to keep the sleeves rolled up. Every other shirt was perfect though! SO in closing I apologize to JLM if he's on here for stealing his cuff, and Mike said to tell people it stands for John Lovin' Mellencamp.
rotflmao.gif

@Nik Telford it was my pleasure, and thanks for being such a cool and understanding dude!

I tell you, this business is always full of surprises. We've made nearly 2,000 Individualized shirts since last year, and never once has there been an incorrect cuff that's incorrectly monogrammed with someone else's initials. It's one for the history books! As Nik mentioned, we'd typically repair or remake that shirt immediately, but in this case, that rad lime linen was completely tapped out.

Love how Dio is the small. (He and Danzig were actually the same height.) As someone who's between a medium and small, I like the idea that I'm half Dio half Joy Division.

@applky they may have been the same height, but I think that Danzig had him beat on width:

BTW, if you google image search these guys, every single photograph is entertaining in some way. EVERY ONE.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I owe you guys a full post on our new stuff (Suede Blouson, Fatigue Trainers, Alabaster Sport), but just a heads-up for the Suede Blouson: we sold about a dozen units so far and I'm down to one unit of EU54 and 3 units of EU52. If you take those sizes and you dig the jacket, then you'll want to jump on them soon.

Last edited:

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance for an xs in the future? Even through a preorder?

I owe you guys a full post on our new stuff (Suede Blouson, Fatigue Trainers, Alabaster Sport), but just a heads-up for the Suede Blouson: we sold about a dozen units so far and I'm down to one unit of EU54 and 3 units of EU52. If you take those sizes and you dig the jacket, then you'll want to jump on them soon. 

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet The suede blouson looks fantastic, though a bit warm for NYC just now. Any chance there will be a restock of the same item for the fall?
@applky they may have been the same height, but I think that Danzig had him beat on width:
BTW, if you google image search these guys, every single photograph is entertaining in some way. EVERY ONE.
Google imaging my 70s/80s musical idols is way more fun than it should be, almost as fun as listening to the actual music.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads