• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
Hey guys, made my first epaulet purchase on Sunday and haven't gotten a shipping notice... whats the usual turn around time on orders?

thanks.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, made my first epaulet purchase on Sunday and haven't gotten a shipping notice... whats the usual turn around time on orders?

thanks.

For sale items, it usually takes a bit longer since sometimes they have to go to their warehouse to pack it up. Otherwise orders over the weekend don't usually get packed up and shipped out till tuesday. Since the store is closed mondays. Although I think they may have changed up that schedule.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

thanks.

@ScottyBoy920 typically we can ship in about a day. Although did you order a sale Duck Canvas Driggs? I'm waiting on those to be delivered from the factory, so we're planning to ship a bunch of them out tomorrow.

Mike any chance the Full Court sneakers can be made in a low top?

@asaa1000 not at the moment, but that's definitely a cool idea. Kind of like a Dunk Low.

cyclohexane

Reaction score

the promo will run from Friday through Monday the 27th, so you'll have some time to nail it down. I just have to have the finalized orders emailed to them by the evening of the 27th. 

We've got a good amount of Spring/Summer fabrics - some really great solid linens and some very cool cottons. The big items will probably be the Barberis wools (online now) and a small selection of solid Italian Wool Fresco (like hopsack). There's a dark indigo Fresco which is freaking ace. 

Awesome, thanks!

The dark indigo fresco sounds amazing.

Unfortunately for my bank account, I'll be home just in time for this... Not that I need to be home. I have a credit card memorized. Yikes. Haha

None of the two linen items I ordered in the EFF made it to me before I left but I'll have a chance to try them on when I get home. I sized up one for more airflow and left the sleeves 1" longer (I have linen jackets from other places with sleeves that eventually got impossibly short). I might drop you guys a note for a .5" adjustment instead for future orders.

Actually, I have my arms up most of the time with my cameras so I've started leaving all of my jacket sleeves a half inch longer on the advice of my alterations tailor...

Last edited:

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can someone comment on the fit of the Driggs vs. Rivet Chinos? 

I can only speak of my own experience, and others might be different, but the driggs has a stronger taper in the leg than the rivets, and a lower rise as well. I have new and old rivers and prefer the newer shape overall. The driggs is a nice cut, but I'm finding that I'll most likely be switching over to walts for my ep trousers for the higher rise, and the Walt being maybe a more 'traditional' trouser shape.

ReedCA

Reaction score

EFF Suit got opened at lunch.

Pearl Gray flannel, 3-roll-2, natural shoulder, single vent, 3 patch pocket config. Hand on the fabric is phenomenal, and lighter weight than I expected.

Grey stripe lining. The client tag on the other side is an excellent touch as well.

Smoke MOP buttons w/ functional cuffs. Surprised how iridescent the buttons actually are - great character.

Went +.5 inches in sleeve and an extra 1.5 in the body, and massively pleased with it. Will nip the waist, but that's to be expected.

Completely sold on your suiting, Mike. Bravo. Pants will get tried on at home, but got my usual Rudy size, so I anticipate they'll be perfect.

This looks great. I hope this means my pear grey flannel will be on it's way soon. Same lining but I think everything else is different. I'll post comparison pictures when it arrives.

Edit: just checked my UPS app, looks like it will be here Friday :slayer:

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Journal

If you guys haven't seen, we launched a new section of the website. We'll use the Journal to do short editorial features every week.

For this update, we've got a quick video that outlines four key white shirting fabrics. It's five minutes of banter between me and our dude from Individualized. Check it out if you're interested in a custom white shirt or you would like to reveal the playful mysteries of "Royal Oxford"

vimeo_logo.png

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys ever wear sport coats with Rivets? I often wear my Doyles with Rivets but find sport coats a bit harder to pull off. Pics would be good.

fox81

Reaction score
can anyone compare the epaulet sneaker sizing to camper shoes?
most of my casual shoes are camper, so im confident on that sizing
otherwise I am a 9uk wide in most dress shoes (like C&J), if anyone can weigh in on that,

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new field coats are solid, Khaki is sweet, but Rich easily makes it look good. That jacket would smash with light wash ripped or not denim.

The black looks tough with that collar zipper.

I'm leaning towards the moleskin just for longer seasonal use up here, but that Black duck is tilting the scale. Anyone though about waxing one of the canvas versions?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads