• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

A thought for next fall. Could Northern Waters do a cotton cardigan? I love the Heirloom but there's honestly sometimes when I'd want a cooler wearing version of it. Thoughts?

this! my reasoning is different, but would absolutely love a cotton cardigan.
+1
I'll let Mike (@Epaulet ) keep me honest, but I'm pretty sure I've asked for this before and he said NW only works with wool. I love the shape, weight, and fit of my heirloom but I would wear a cotton version much more

Last edited:

youtubs

Reaction score
That's hilarious. I've been searching for a grey suede slip-on like that recently, and came to this thread to ask if there were any plans for one. Have you been reading my diary!?

Wooderson

Reaction score
Loopwheeled crewneck came in the mail today. I think it looks pretty good for spring and summer

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the feedback on rivets and sport coats. Most of my EP Southwick coats are unstructured and heavier materials with patch pockets. I've always worn with only Walts.

Definitely wasn't considering lightweight more formal sportcoats! Geez...a little bit of credit here hahaha.

I'll give it a shot. My current Rivets and Walts are currently mostly too small now and I have some news enroute so I'll give it a shot with chunkier boots/shoes like Alden and Trickers that I usually pair with Rivets.

Stay tuned...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Grey suede ecru sounds awesome. I have a Gustin slip-on due in May but frankly I'm not convinced on their sizing so it may be a case of returning that one and jumping on this one. The hits keep on coming!

@eljlakers

Mike,

A thought for next fall. Could Northern Waters do a cotton cardigan? I love the Heirloom but there's honestly sometimes when I'd want a cooler wearing version of it. Thoughts?

@eljlakers unfortunately they can only work with wool.. but I'm happy to announce that we're going to do a new preorder this year with THREE new options:

1) Full button mock neck cardigan
2) Aran Cable Knit Crewneck
3) Toddler & Boys/Girls models! (by popular request)

We'll offer some exclusive colors too. And given the exchange rate, we can be really competitive with pricin

That's hilarious. I've been searching for a grey suede slip-on like that recently, and came to this thread to ask if there were any plans for one. Have you been reading my diary!?

@youtubs yup, we also know how much you've been old reruns of "Friends"

Loopwheeled crewneck came in the mail today. I think it looks pretty good for spring and summer

@Wooderson that's a great fit on you!

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@eljlakers unfortunately they can only work with wool.. but I'm happy to announce that we're going to do a new preorder this year with THREE new options:

1) Full button mock neck cardigan
2) Aran Cable Knit Crewneck
3) Toddler & Boys/Girls models! (by popular request)

We'll offer some exclusive colors too. And given the exchange rate, we can be really competitive with pricin

This makes me excited and pained at the same time. Though I dont know how keen I am to participate in the next round of heirloom orders since I already have 5. Though the Aran Cableknit does sound promising! And @Epaulet you should attach the white dress shirt video to the bottom of the order page for the Individualized white dress shirts. Might help answer some customer question for the customers that dont come here all the time (all 5 of them that is). Thinking of putting in a big Individualized shirt order myself, just deciding what all I want right now.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow that khaki field jacket is so killer. I wore my loden moleskin all winter long, it worked perfectly as a Florida winter jacket. It's already getting too hot here to even wear any kind of jacket most days, but I think I need the khaki as late fall or early spring piece.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow that khaki field jacket is so killer. I wore my loden moleskin all winter long, it worked perfectly as a Florida winter jacket. It's already getting too hot here to even wear any kind of jacket most days, but I think I need the khaki as late fall or early spring piece.

Since I too live in Florida(South-like), I like when you post your temperature related gear wear thoughts.

The field jackets are really nice.

fox81

Reaction score

@fox81
 oh wow, man I haven't tried on Campers in a really long time. But I'd day that the C&J is a pretty good reference. Most guys would go up a full size from their UK fit, so a size 10 in your case. 

For the width, do you find that a lot of shoes are too narrow for you? If so then only do a 10 in the Sport Trainer or Full Court. If you can wear most stuff and you just choose a wide in C&J, then the other shapes should work as well. 

thanks for the info. I was interested in the sports trainer so it should be fine.
as far as the matching belts go, how do you size for the waist? or do you just send out a size 40 and let everyone cut down to size?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spring MTO Taylors are incoming tomorrow! Two weeks since I ordered! Ridiculous. :slayer:

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So gents sizing question for sport coat. Should I just take my normal size 42R on sport coat or go down a size. Definitely loving the spring, summer sport coat that came out. For what's it's worth I take 42R US suit & coat, Eidos 52, Farmosa 50 & oraziano 50. Thank you for your input in advance.

NewYawker

Reaction score
@TtownMD - you're a tour de force on the forum brother! Definitely go with 42. I take the same sizes in all the brands you mentioned.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member