• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of cream linen walts with a bad case of coffee spill. It says no washing machine, dry clean only.
What would happen if I was to clean them at 30° with low tumble dry (my machine goes as low as 400 rpm) ?

Also how do you guys clean your tweed wool rivets?

Abort. Dry clean both.

Any drying or heat at all will make the stain burn into the fabric.

And for the linen walts with the coffee stain, I'd use a dry cleaner skilled at stain removal. If you're in the U.S. and do not have a good dry cleaner near you, Fave FabriCare is supposed to be the gold standard for doing this by mail. If you're in the NYC metro area I can provide more detailed recommendations.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just a quick note to give props to Adele and Mike.. Adele hooked me up on a recent order, based off a previous order that I canceled (not due to EP's fault, moreso Alden (but not really a fault, just a change of design that didn't work for me).

EP customer service continues to set the bar higher higher, I don't see any other retailer achieving this level.

As soon as I lose a couple 'beer and wing' belly pounds, I'll be doing some damage on some shirting and outerwear.. My wallet is excite.

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just a quick note to give props to Adele and Mike.. Adele hooked me up on a recent order, based off a previous order that I canceled (not due to EP's fault, moreso Alden (but not really a fault, just a change of design that didn't work for me).

EP customer service continues to set the bar higher higher,  I don't see any other retailer achieving this level.

As soon as I lose a couple 'beer and wing' belly pounds, I'll be doing some damage on some shirting and outerwear.. My wallet is excite.

What'd you kop? New indy?!

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gents with Chambray Doyle. Did any of you "nuke" according to Mike's instructions (i.e. hot water to shrink it). If so, was the shrinking in the length and arm but not chest and shoulder? I.e. vertical but not horizontal.

Would welcome feedback. I like the fabric, but the sizing is not growing on me as is (it's longer than I like as is), so either I'll shrink it or sell it (40R).

Thanks in advance.

Badandy

Reaction score
Loopwheel sizing:

Small in normal epaulet shirting fits me perfectly. By perfectly I mean that any smaller and it would look too tight. Looking at the sizing for the loopwheel tees it says order your usual epaulet size. Have people found this to be the case? Should I go for medium since I don't really have any margin if the small is too small?

zargoz

Reaction score

Gents with Chambray Doyle. Did any of you "nuke" according to Mike's instructions (i.e. hot water to shrink it). If so, was the shrinking in the length and arm but not chest and shoulder? I.e. vertical but not horizontal.

Would welcome feedback. I like the fabric, but the sizing is not growing on me as is (it's longer than I like as is), so either I'll shrink it or sell it (40R).

Thanks in advance.

I hot washed and dried mine when I received it and it snugged up and got a little shorter. Didn't measure but it certainly shrank a bit in all directions.

Loopwheel sizing:

Small in normal epaulet shirting fits me perfectly. By perfectly I mean that any smaller and it would look too tight. Looking at the sizing for the loopwheel tees it says order your usual epaulet size. Have people found this to be the case? Should I go for medium since I don't really have any margin if the small is too small?

I wear an EPNY large with the darts removed "for comfort"; recently picked up a loopwheel tee in large and it fits well. I would try your same size.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Loopwheel sizing:

All my epny shirts are medium and fit perfect for me, that said I got all my loopwheels in large for a little more relaxed fit as I think a medium would have been to snug for my tastes for a t shirt that wouldn't get tucked in like a longsleeve button down.

OIx

Reaction score

Loopwheel sizing:

same as you here on shirts. small in loopwheel tees was way too tight - i would size up, or at least double check measurements against other tees

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cotton/cash corduroy Walts and EP Carmina boots

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natty CXL Olmsteads arrived yesterday and are on my feet today. Really like 'em. Even my wife, who gives me a fairly (good natured) hard time about my frequent shoe purchases, couldn't stop saying how much she liked them. (She also loves my Rivets --- EP gear is SF-wife approved.)

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.
I had a similar experience as Zargoz. I didn't measure but I'll bet I lost 3/4" in body length and it snugged up slightly elsewhere. I plan to have the sleeves shortened still (I'm 5'9") and I might chat with my tailor about options on shortening the body. I wear it on occasion as is anyway now so even w/out further body modifications I think it'll earn it's place in my rotation once the sleeves are shortened a bit.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Natty CXL Olmsteads arrived yesterday and are on my feet today. Really like 'em. Even my wife, who gives me a fairly (good natured) hard time about my frequent shoe purchases, couldn't stop saying how much she liked them. (She also loves my Rivets --- EP gear is SF-wife approved.)

Very nice. I would have bit on these as well, but would prefer a darker welt/edge. I have come to absolutely love natty cxl, so versatile as a casual shoe.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jpea17