• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah, exactly. I think some lighter khaki/stone casual pants would go well with it but I can't find any inspiration for shirts. Olive Doyle I think would be perfect for jeans and white or blue OCBDs. I definitely won't be selling my chambray as it is an awesome piece. I just need to find more fits that work with it.

I wear this shirt with my chambray Doyle and think it pairs well

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shirts/oxford/PRDOVR~A0899/A0899.jsp

Although the description says popover, given the weave of the fabric is wears almost more like a rugby

aldenfan

Reaction score

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Awesome, I love the look of that. Thanks, that's exactly the type of stuff I'm looking for. I'm going to have to see if I can fit into an XL Tall or not.

Are there any others you find pair well with it as well?

Cool. So glad that was helpful. I have actually been wearing that shirt a ton as I love white shirts but find them extremely challenging to pull off casually.

I think anything earth tone will work well. I envision my chambray Doyle being worn with olive or chocolate pants and a white shirt like that to allow the Doyle to draw the attention. I think too much pattern competes with the fabric and pulls your eye away from it. A muted solid color t shirt would work as well.

nathanl

Reaction score

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So what are these trainers in the model pics of the Reigning Champ sweats? They are intriguing.

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/bottoms/products/reigning-champ-sweatpant-heather-grey

There's a pair of GATs online whose name I forget, but they're "natural leather" in the same shade, meant to patina to a gorgeous apricot color. I hope Mike accidentally outed something similar :)

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hender Scheme? Those will cost at least 3x the Epaulet versions. They're hand made.

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Just to reiterate on the speckled chambray. Great shirt, great fabric, but man those buttons come undone ridiculously easy. Makes me conscious the whole time I'm wearing it that I'm showing everyone my non six-pack!

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hender Scheme? Those will cost at least 3x the Epaulet versions. They're hand made.

That's the brand. Yes they were maybe $800! Great concept, though, and I think Mike could do it for the right price.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been traveling for a few days and missed the last few pages. Man the cordovan trainers look great!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads