• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Garand
First with hem rolled

Second and third no roll (too much break of course, but I thought people might like to see them without any adjustment. I'll probably wait a bit to get these hemmed to see how they wear after washing and whether I like rolling them or not). Also photo without sweater to show top block.

These feel like a really classic fatigue trouser to me, appropriate for the waistband style.

Washed twills are a good intro fabric for them. They should end up with some nice fading around the edges after a few washes.

Frank, if you don't mind me asking, what is your height/weight? How does the rise compare with Walt/Rivet?

Wondering if I could pull these off.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Frank, if you don't mind me asking, what is your height/weight? How does the rise compare with Walt/Rivet?

Wondering if I could pull these off.

Don't mind at all.

A little over 6' and probably 180/185 lbs. Rise is just a little lower than Walts. Higher than Rivets and Driggs for sure. I think Mike said they are supposed to be in between Walts and the lower rise trousers/chinos. That's an accurate description based on a brief wear.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@FrankCowperwood

So, you'd only hem these and not taper the leg any, correct? Seems like Garand is great for wearing boots.

Nice color, too.

gentfarmer

Reaction score
I thought I posted a reply but don't see it:

I like Ray's Custom Tailor, I think on Geneva in Mission/Bernal Heights. Cash only, but I like his work.

The Taylor Stitch guys seem to really like—I haven't used him—Roberto's Tailor at 110 Sutter.

Thanks, I checked out both on Yelp and they both have good and some bad reviews. I might have to check them out in person and see how I feel about them.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@FrankCowperwood

So, you'd only hem these and not taper the leg any, correct? Seems like Garand is great for wearing boots.

Nice color, too.

Yes, all I'll do is hem them if I feel like the need it ultimately (again, they are clearly too long without a roll now, but a wash might bring them in enough or I might like to wear them rolled...)

I'd likely pick one of Epaulet's other trousers if I wanted a narrower leg opening.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I checked out both on Yelp and they both have good and some bad reviews. I might have to check them out in person and see how I feel about them.

Just remember that with something like tailoring, there are so many variables that are tough to control, so yes, a woman bringing in a complicated dress 48 hrs before a wedding that's out of state...might not leave satisfied if she only gives a one-man op like Ray to do many alterations. On the other hand, my lady's dress was perfectly done a few weeks before an event we attended. My trousers for my suit ended up with the Mona Lisa of trouser breaks for the shoe I wanted to wear.

Ray is a one-man shop, but I like that. It also means he's perpetually backed up, BUT he stays open very late. Let me know your experiences either way.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heirloom arrived today but after a loooong work day I'm too tired to try on just now.

I did however come to the realization that I have an obscene amount of EP gear. I don't mean that in a boastful dickhead way but as I pulled out all my fall/winter gear with my summer stuff still out I was like WTF this has become an addiction.

Can't decide what next but I'm excited by the moto jacket maybe. And I've yet to be swayed by the shell sneakers.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Heirloom arrived today but after a loooong work day I'm too tired to try on just now.

That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. I tear threw all of my boxes like a kid at Christmas and throw the stuff right on!

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. I tear threw all of my boxes like a kid at Christmas and throw the stuff right on!

I typically do too! But after a ****** long day I won't appreciate it as much and can't let work ruin my EP experiences :)

Last edited:

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

chrispy650

Reaction score
Got my heirloom as well. Tried it on in 80 degree weather. Hopefully it gets cooler soon. It's a pretty awesome piece :)

attk

Reaction score
Hi, anyone can share me the color of drigger sand canvas Grape is true to the color seen on the web? Coz i believed the color shown in web is somehow darker than actual( i experienced before since my few acquisition of epaulet pants)
thank so much

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member