• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mothball

Reaction score
Quick denim post.

Left to right: 13 oz Ring x RIng, 12 oz Kuroki, 14 oz Kaihara

These are all quite soft, and, like most everything with Epaulet, I'm really happy with the fit and construction. Some close-ups of the fabric and fit pictures in the spoiler.

13 oz Ring

12 oz Kuroki

14 oz Kaihara

12 oz Fit

They're out being hemmed now, since I can never get stacks to fall the way I'd like. Also note: a teenage son will roll his eyes when you ask him to take jeans pictures for your internet friends much less than an almost teenage daughter.

aldenfan

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone take issue with the calf on the Driggs, and if you're finding that the RC has too much room around the calf, then I think that you should be fine with the Driggs. A guy with really large calves for our pattern would probably find the RC calf to be fine or even a bit too tailored.

Driggs trousers that are MTO have full seam allowances and are not washed, so you can also tailor the legs in or out if you want to customize the fit after they arrive. That cotton-cash is beautiful.
Thanks, sounds like it is exactly what I'm looking for! Ordered a pair in olive
smile.gif

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Quick denim post.

Left to right: 13 oz Ring x RIng, 12 oz Kuroki, 14 oz Kaihara

These are all quite soft, and, like most everything with Epaulet, I'm really happy with the fit and construction. Some close-ups of the fabric and fit pictures in the spoiler.

13 oz Ring

12 oz Kuroki

14 oz Kaihara

12 oz Fit

They're out being hemmed now, since I can never get stacks to fall the way I'd like. Also note: a teenage son will roll his eyes when you ask him to take jeans pictures for your internet friends much less than an almost teenage daughter.

Nice. I'm tempted by the Ring-ring. Love something with a good name like that. Completely agree with your overall assessment. Great soft denim. Looks like a good fit on you. I cuff or hem. I don't think stacking is my thing.

Noted the advice about choice of photographers as well. He took some good shots. Maybe he wasn't rolling his eyes right when he lined up the camera then... :)

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The sleeves are going to more difficult. You can either shorten about a half inch and leave the buttonholes as they are. Or you'll have to get it shorted at the shoulder, which will requires a good tailor. It's certainly possible to do, and we've had several customers do it.
Not ridiculous at all. I'm always encouraging customers to know and use their local tailors.

What about the "move the working cuff" option like on the left here?

beez

Reaction score
I have a question for all the guys who have purchased Driggs trousers. I'm looking for a slim chino that has a lower rise and slim legs. I have some RC and I like them but the leg opening for the size I wear still isn't very slim. I tried incotex and like them except they are a tad too slim in the calf area (they hug my calves and have no drap in that area). How does the Driggs compare to (1) the RC and (2) incotex trousers in the fit? I see the cotton and cashmere and those look like an excellent casual business pant.
The Driggs have a great fit in the legs. I found the top block to flare out way too much compared to my Incotex (which remain my favorite trousers). My pairs of Incotex hug my calves as well, and you won't have that issue with the Driggs. Construction with the Driggs is great, they just don't look right to me, which is disappointing considering how much I love the Walts and wish for a slimmer overall profile. I'm getting some RC's at the tailor right now for a leg tapering - we'll see how it goes.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What about the "move the working cuff" option like on the left here?

That's possible to do as well - many people call that a "cut job." I'm not a fan of it though, although on a really casual SC it might be okay. I'd definitely encourage shortening at the shoulder by a skilled tailor for the best result.

wsumarine

Reaction score
Can we get a run down of what's in the works for Doyle fabrics? I really like the upcoming chambray, but I'm curious to know what else is coming. I probably have one more Doyle purchase left in me this year.

Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Can we get a run down of what's in the works for Doyle fabrics? I really like the upcoming chambray, but I'm curious to know what else is coming. I probably have one more Doyle purchase left in me this year.

Thanks!

I don't have everything for the year, but at the moment we have this planned:

Doyle special order Cone Mills Chambray: this week
Doyle in Kaihara 14oz Overdyed Black and Navy denim: this week
Doyle in French Blue Duck Canvas: next month

Figure that olive and navy duck will get periodic restocks. And I'm keeping my eyes out always for limited-run fabrics (like the chambray) that we can do interesting makeups with.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Figure that olive and navy duck will get periodic restocks. And I'm keeping my eyes out always for limited-run fabrics (like the chambray) that we can do interesting makeups with.
wow, killer list. I have no idea how I am going to choose between them. I am thinking OD Black and Chambray but the french blue sounds great as well...

mothball

Reaction score

Nice. I'm tempted by the Ring-ring. Love something with a good name like that. Completely agree with your overall assessment. Great soft denim. Looks like a good fit on you. I cuff or hem. I don't think stacking is my thing.

Noted the advice about choice of photographers as well. He took some good shots. Maybe he wasn't rolling his eyes right when he lined up the camera then... :)

Thanks, Frank!

Like the texture on the Ring-Ring, mothball.

Thanks; I'm really interested to see how they fade.

Holy crap. I really want to see the overdyed black.

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike! I'm looking at getting a pair of white or pale yellow Khyber Cloth Walts. I've never bought any EP cottons, so I was wondering if these come lined to the knee as well … I've had some bad experience with light colors being too sheer … seeing the pockets, waist curtain, etc. Also, when made up and creased, do they look more like dress trousers or chinos? Thanks!!

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome! So, everyone has their own opinions on this, but I'd vote no break and no cuff. I think that cuffs work better on thicker fabrics (flannel, tweed) and I prefer a clean hem on lighter ones.

Thanks! Yeah that's my instinct, too. Glad to hear it's yours as well!

Really excited about that limited run chambray Doyle, and being able to go for my usual size 37 as well.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads