• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xPost from the Alden thread -

Took my calf Epaulet Alt Weins out for their maiden voyage today:

I've already received two random compliments on these around the office today. :slayer:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Quick denim post.

Left to right: 13 oz Ring x RIng, 12 oz Kuroki, 14 oz Kaihara

These are all quite soft, and, like most everything with Epaulet, I'm really happy with the fit and construction. Some close-ups of the fabric and fit pictures in the spoiler.

13 oz Ring

12 oz Kuroki

14 oz Kaihara

12 oz Fit

They're out being hemmed now, since I can never get stacks to fall the way I'd like. Also note: a teenage son will roll his eyes when you ask him to take jeans pictures for your internet friends much less than an almost teenage daughter.

I keep forgetting how your built like a brick shithouse man....nice. Denim looks cool. I'm gonna have to grab a pair eventually. Maybe in the Fall for my yearly jean purchase...

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my FF Napoli sportcoat 38R - awesome as always!

If anyone else grabbed a 38R from the last round and haven't altered it let me know if you want to trade. Looking for big checks or something other than micro check...which I love but have too many now.

Jacket at the front of pic...

Last edited:

chrisbkreme

Reaction score
Hey guys, question about the rivet chinos. I was lucky enough to pick up a couple pairs from the proxy sale, and I got 8oz stone and regular navy. I wear a size 31 in J. Crew urban slim fit and ordered the same size in the rivets.
They are kinda tight in the thighs and I cannot button them. I was told the thigh would stretch a bit, so not too worried about that. I was wondering if I should try and get a larger size, or just have them taken out by a tailor? Thanks!

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can't button that sounds like you've sized wrong - my J crew are sized smaller than my EP pants too. I recommend size up. You can get back your money on the B&S. And if the new ones don't fit just return them.

countrygent

Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Any new spring outerwear coming up? Just looking at my closet and thinking I need a lightweight casual piece.

Cheers,
H

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, question about the rivet chinos. I was lucky enough to pick up a couple pairs from the proxy sale, and I got 8oz stone and regular navy. I wear a size 31 in J. Crew urban slim fit and ordered the same size in the rivets.
They are kinda tight in the thighs and I cannot button them. I was told the thigh would stretch a bit, so not too worried about that. I was wondering if I should try and get a larger size, or just have them taken out by a tailor? Thanks!

J. Crew is vanity sized. My true waist is 32" and I take a 32 in RC and 31 in J. Crew's 484, which is their slimmest fitting pants.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you can't button that sounds like you've sized wrong - my J crew are sized smaller than my EP pants too. I recommend size up. You can get back your money on the B&S. And if the new ones don't fit just return them.

Agreed. I would sell and reorder.

I used to be 31 in RC and was able to button up fine but a bit tight so I had the waist let out a bit.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Mike,

Any new spring outerwear coming up? Just looking at my closet and thinking I need a lightweight casual piece.

Cheers,
H

Have you looked at the Doyle? That should fit the bill nicely

The Doyle would be a good choice, and also if you're looking for something a bit dressier Mike has mentioned that they're working on a casual EPLA sportcoat that should be released relatively soon.

Last edited:

malwear

Reaction score
Today was like Christmas! I came home to two FF shirts and a box of close-out sale stuff that SVB proxied (thanks!).

Napoli hopsack
FF grey herrinbone plaid
Grey hopsack walts

FF gauzy buffalo check

Hawthorne suede mocs
Oxford grey flannel walts (not new)

chrisbkreme

Reaction score

Gotcha. I just saw that there is a ton of material in the back near the seam for adjustments, and I got basically 2 pairs for a little more than the retail price of one. I figured that even with alteration costs they would still be cheaper than buying two new pairs at retail.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gotcha. I just saw that there is a ton of material in the back near the seam for adjustments, and I got basically 2 pairs for a little more than the retail price of one. I figured that even with alteration costs they would still be cheaper than buying two new pairs at retail.

I'm just guessing. There is definitely material to be let out so you could try one pair to see.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads