• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about using smoke MOP buttons for the special edition - what do you guys think of that? Too formal? I think that it could be cool, but I'm also a sucker for those buttons.
I'd buy a chambray Doyle if it came w/ safety pins instead of buttons, but I think I'd prefer it w/ the normal resin buttons or horn rather than smoke.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

So I picked up the EPLA navy overdye oxford at the sale, and figured I would post a photo so you guys could check it out. These came out really great; the fabric is soft, the construction looks and feels really solid, and the color looks amazing in both natural and artificial light. I am normally an XS and the EPLA size S was perfect for me, so that is my one warning about these. The collars on this first batch are smaller than what was planned, so if you saw the sample photos on instagram or wherever those were posted, these ones came out different than that. I think that's something that they plan to fix going forward, but I grabbed this one since I actually like the mistake. These sold really well in the store on Saturday too, despite being only 15% off alongside EPNY stuff that was 50% off.
Def like the smaller collar on a casual shirt hope they go online soon
Thanks for posting the photo SVB! The shirt looks perfect on you. We'll definitely have them online this week. The EPLA wovens will come in 5 varieties: Overdye Blue Overdye Olive Overdye Grey Salt Wash Blue Oxford Salt Wash Grey Oxford They were a huge hit at the party, so Dbear and I are totally in agreement - the smaller collar works well with this shape. It wasn't my original intention, but the guys who bought the shirt in person really dug it. We'll post up detailed measurements on all of these. It's a really slim shape that nearly splits the difference between EPNY sizing. Most guys can take the same size, but if your EPNY sizing is on the edge, then you can safely move up a size for a great fit. I think that you guys will be impressed with the hand on these shirts. Most of the time, these washed or dyed casual wovens use really cheap cloth and rely on the wash treatment to soften things up. That only goes so far, and it results in the garment getting lousy with age. We used American supima oxford for all of these, and it's incredibly comfortable after all of the wash & dye. You'll love the feel of these.
I'd buy a chambray Doyle if it came w/ safety pins instead of buttons, but I think I'd prefer it w/ the normal resin buttons or horn rather than smoke.
Yup, most guys who I've spoken to feel the same way. I think that the present buttons are a great match to the Doyle shape, so no need to change it up. We'll just let this limited fabric speak for itself.
Just tried on my first pair of Driggs and I'm glad I finally decided to try them! I own a pair of Walts that fit great, but I typically don't have to dress up (even business casual would seem too formal at my office). I have a long torso and skinny/short legs, so the Rivet's rise is just too low for me and the Walt's leg a little too roomy for my day-to-day outfits. Full disclosure, I tend to wear Unis Gio Skinny's (which I love), but wanted something a little roomier in the leg. I've been looking for something that's a more middle ground fit - between the Walt and the Gio Skinny. The Driggs is it! My main concern was that the rise would be too low for me, and while it definitely isn't the Walt rise, I'll take it. I know it's been said before, but I'm always impressed with the OTR fits from Epaulet. Can't wait to start playing around with some MTO options! (I also picked up a pair of Walt shorts on sale and they're perfect)
Thank you sir - glad to hear that you're so pleased with everything! We've got plenty more Driggs trousers en-route soon.
Fit looks spot on. If the jacket is big, I'm not sure where....the sides are definitely tapered enough and the shoulders look good also, at least from the pictures provided.
Agreed, that jacket fit looks fantastic. Thanks for posting it up.
In other news, I got a pair of the Tyrol PTBs in the mail last week. They definitely feel more robust than my other Aldens, a pair of brown Chromexcel PTBs. Maybe it's the commando sole vs. oiled flex sole or the Alpine scotchgrain vs. brown Chromexcel. I'm wondering how these will break in. Still, they're very sturdy. I like them. Any particular recommendations for care of the scotchgrain leather?
Shouldn't be much different than calf, except the scotchgrain is a little more robust. I feel like the scotchgrain is glazed a little more than its calf counterpart.
Thanks for picking up the Tyrol's and I'm glad to hear that you dig them! Both the Scotchgrain and the Commando sole is going to be stiffer at first than Chromexcel or a flex-welt sole. It will definitely soften up though. If you want to accelerate that process than try our famous "TV Method." When the shoes are still new and relatively clean, sit in front of the TV and work the upper and the sole back and forth for 20-30 minutes. This will also improve the fit of a PTB and reduce heel slippage, as breaking in the sole is crucial for it to move with you properly.
Hey Mike, I've had the Galey & Lord military twill RC's for a couple of weeks now and I have to say the fabric is my favorite cotton pant material by a large margin. I have a couple of questions: 1. My coffee G&L RC appears to be wrinkle resistant. After each of the two washes I've put them through, they basically have not wrinkled and did not require any ironing. Have they had any no-iron type treatment? Or are they just that awesome? 2. Previously you've mentioned that there will be G&L stock and MTO Walts/Rudys forthcoming. Is that still true? Thanks.
Haha, excellent - glad that you like it so much! I'm in love with this fabric. It's definitely all cotton and it's not officially iron-resistant. But I find that high-quality twills are naturally more resistant to wrinkles. Think about how easily the wrinkles come out of good denim. It holds true for the UK twill that we use on the Driggs too. We're organizing the G&L roll-out right now. I'd say that you'll see it in Walt/Rudy in about four weeks. And we'll release the EPLA sportcoat within the next two months or so, which will be made in Military Twill as well. Thereby making the $350 EPLA Military Twill suit a very real option.
Mike, on the smokey MOP, are those more towards white? Since you asked, I certainly am for more contrast between buttons and the fabric though if they come off as off white, I wonder if that's too much contrast A matter of taste there though, and I guess I would favor more midway. The current buttons on the navy Doyle looks good, but if the buttons were slightly lighter that would be fine too. But not too light! Just my opinion. Anyway, looking forward to seeing the Chambray. You'll always have the navy duck canvas in stock then as a staple (and not just the Doyle design)? If so, I'll wait for the Chambray to come out.
Smoke MOP is pretty dark, but I think that it's better suited for a dressier style. We may use that for special edition EPLA sportcoats. The Doyle is probably better matched to brown resin like we're using now. And yes, the Duck Canvas will be a regular restock item while this Cone Chambray is a one-shot, deadstock deal. We'll have it live on Thursday.
Will there be a restock on the navy and grey hopsacks? I'm a size 30 and would like to avoid paying the $20 surcharge on a MTO pair. Two pairs and taxes make quite a difference.
Definitely. We've got that restock running through the factory right now. The only hopsack that's really limited right now is Pale Grey.
Please please a tropical wool walt in a cream color for summer. Something like this
That has a slight peach/yellow so as to distinguish itself from a typical light tan.
Amen. I would love this. But I think that the "khaki" option in the UK sanded canvas (#1729) may also ready be close to a cream colour. Is this this same fabric that was previously described as "stone?"
Good call - I'm sure that we can organize something like this in May.
Just back from KY...brought only a handful of things including my Western Shirt:
Blue Sweatshirt:
and Point Collar Oxford:
Here's the Mrs in her shirtdress for Easter:
IMG_0776_zpsec1eb455.jpg
and LBM and Gingham Mashup for me on Easter Sunday...(not seen are my Matt Smith length jeans and suede Carmina double monks)
Great shots! Looks like you had a boss trip out there!

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I picked up the EPLA navy overdye oxford at the sale, and figured I would post a photo so you guys could check it out. These came out really great; the fabric is soft, the construction looks and feels really solid, and the color looks amazing in both natural and artificial light. I am normally an XS and the EPLA size S was perfect for me, so that is my one warning about these. The collars on this first batch are smaller than what was planned, so if you saw the sample photos on instagram or wherever those were posted, these ones came out different than that. I think that's something that they plan to fix going forward, but I grabbed this one since I actually like the mistake. These sold really well in the store on Saturday too, despite being only 15% off alongside EPNY stuff that was 50% off.
Thanks for posting this. I'll need to consider the sizing (could do with slimmer waist but not slimmer chest or shoulders) but I'm glad the collar is bigger. Looks like I'll be stocking up once I nail the sizing.

JVK1

Reaction score
If the sizing's different, what does that mean for those of us at the far-end of EP's sizing? A current XL barely fits, and the sportcoats and such only go up to 42 without an MTO (putting them beyond me). Will the overdyed oxfords work?

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Quote:
Thanks for posting this. I'll need to consider the sizing (could do with slimmer waist but not slimmer chest or shoulders) but I'm glad the collar is bigger. Looks like I'll be stocking up once I nail the sizing.

I should just clarify -- it is size of the collar point that is smaller on this than was originally planned. This was the final sample, for reference:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have to admit that I think I prefer the original collar point size... Them's the breaks though. Looking forward to seeing all the new options.

beez

Reaction score

FF Gitman medium. Really happy with the quality. I agree the fit on this is a little bulkier than the usual Epaulet M. I may take in the sleeves just a wee bit.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the pale grey hopsack Walts, but have yet to hem them. My instinct is a fairly high no break no cuff, which is how I do my linen Walts. Should I try a 2" cuff? Concerned about not being able to wear them less formally.

BTW those Walts are amazing.

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Will the overdye'd oxfords shrink much in cold wash and tumble dry low? or is all the shrinkage done due to the dyeing process or whatever it is

This was my question too, and the answer is that second one. I guess the dyeing process is more than enough to get any & all shrinkage out.

Last edited:

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I apologize for asking the question again, but in case I missed an update: any word on the Vass MTO double monks?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads