• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nd1nd2nd3

Reaction score
Just got my space dye kamigata today. Kind of wish I sprung for the matching chinos now. I’m not sure what vibe the full suit puts out, but it’s definitely a vibe.
Oh, and this is my 4th Kamigata.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Should I be concerned if my preorder kamigata as been showing as "pre shipment" since April 14th?

Not just yet, we only dropped off those USPS packages on Saturday. A pickup was scheduled ,but they never came by, so I drove it there.

Often times they won't show any tracking until it's out for delivery. If you don't have it in the next few days then drop me a line. USPS delivery has remained very reliable, but their tracking is still hit or miss.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

L.I.T.

Reaction score
7ci_yVkiKi2NT-Wm6pHTOo5Jnf1f-yDuoFztIS5xaSJt1dbcOLSo5b46GQYUrANwx0d-vRJGa7YhHFvTgX23_GUjWDnBQWz7dQ8_jl3Qog8hibWneGqQk83wi4S8BgIZH0VjpsNT4A3AXj6IEcot=s0-d-e1-ft

We're thrilled to bring back one of our most beloved trouser shapes! As the name implies, the "EZ Pant" is laid-back and supremely comfortable. This casual chino has single front pleats, a generous thigh, and a medium-high rise. Worn with a t-shirt and trainers or a woven shirt and dress shoes, it jibes effortlessly with most items that you already own... whilst cutting a distinctive and fresh silhouette. It's flattering for those who take any of our trouser fits.

For this preorder project, we've lined up seven amazing fabrics for you. All sizes are available to preorder, and pricing is 25% off our MSRP.

ORDER LINK BELOW
EZ PANT PROJECT: LIGHTWEIGHT TWILL, RIPSTOP, & AIR FORCE WOOL BLEND

yvxEE8OKIny0BNbnSuEI2qzQXtienwUGZq658qG9WxkXXBdIdiFljqSt86oF_BbjFjXojfl0OhdD7Raa8bqV4ZT39V-iQFFp9kyXbt9yKPr7y7KuecvVuxHZSxGw_VWHkQ=s0-d-e1-ft

First off, we have four colors of "Whisper Twill." Woven in the USA by Mount Vernon, this 100% cotton twill is just a touch lighter than the typical 8oz four-season weight. It's comfortable in warmer weather, but wearable well into the middle of Fall.

EAU3LWSmPTmplblqhGCOA3_MR8JnOaXpnOxEstzS0PPhwGOj0imY1fpmABBP3_Z1a-1_OpQHPnnk6rLkSHPLZ26Wirije9RztoWAq7HxfK0hRnRqlXTpfocpm5HonzIEhQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Next is an absolutely incredible deadstock find! This cloth was milled nearly 25 years ago for US Airforce uniforms. It's a military-spec blend of 55% Dacron (polyester) and 45% wool. It's comfortable, washable, mothproof, and unbelievably strong. And it's a bonafide piece of USA textile history.

ZKDOd3T3IKTS27OOcMStzENYy6AqCZ94cWVNH_TC_FL6GOXoazRiggmSGJyaPw8Ai_7axd3u785Hfx_68tDL350sJ2IMTmx-FPa_FAzwvFT9NZ8qrBIjWjs_Xlv-eXjHgA=s0-d-e1-ft

Finally, we have two colors of 100% ripstop cloth with pure nylon crosshatching. These military spec fabrics are woven in the USA by MMI Textiles and provide an unrivaled combination of lightweight wear and strength.

nEgwDv5WdF1TWejGwjCtEglwoz58W6XVt68SHRrpZdZxDryoXtp8SbhUtc3uBh51ZBV1bzInRD6VVffck5H_yDwEcu0DgGwWu_oEJz_K37qAiAAiG7Vx_vMUtPSCRFgoIw=s0-d-e1-ft

As always, every pant is made from start to finish in Los Angeles. You can confidently order your typical Epaulet size.. this relaxed shape works for anyone who takes our trouser fits (Rivet, Wilhelm, Walt, Rudy, Taylor, etc).​

jms

Reaction score
The space dye kamigata arrived and my first impression is that it possesses the wildest subdued color I've ever seen, if that makes any sense.

I can feel what @Churchill W is saying about the itchiness, but it's not on the level of a long fiber wool sweater, for instance.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The fit is good, went with my Sinclair/Doyle size and the fabric looks great. A little heavier than I thought it would be and one downside is that it's a bit itchy.

Threw it on over the t-shir I was wearing yesterday.

The space dye kamigata arrived and my first impression is that it possesses the wildest subdued color I've ever seen, if that makes any sense.

I can feel what @Churchill W is saying about the itchiness, but it's not on the level of a long fiber wool sweater, for instance.

Thank you for the pics and the feedback guys! I think we're going to launch that Space Dye contest next week. At that point, pretty much all of the orders should be in everyone's hands. The winner gets this gorgeous unglazed shell cordovan card case!

31FC06B7-E63A-4BAC-B2BB-7853F078BD93.JPG

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Things happening for today...

1) We're doing a last call for extra discount on sale items. Use the code sale30 to take an additional 30% off markdown prices. I did a quick inventory and found some goodies (Gunmetal Sashiko Doyle in 38, Indigo Sashiko Doyle in 38, last moonstone denim Doyles, khaki Wilhlem chinos, etc).

Take a look... these are some of the lowest prices that we've ever offered

2) It's also the last call to save 15% off of Ming's Selection of custom shirts. This has been kind of a huge hit for us. We have some awesome patterns in there, and one last crazy addition. This nutzo deep bright orange poplin. Use the code ming15.

Tangerine Dream.jpg

3) We're making more Mesh Shorts! We nearly sold the navy ones out, so we're going to reorder that color. And I'm adding in this rad grey colorway...

Mesh Shorts Grey Black.jpg

utopiaburger

Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Somehow missed these - I’m going to order one this evening but need to confirm my measurements are the same as before. Can I order tonight and sort out the details later?

Absolutely! Just order it as "create a custom profile." You can get the discount today and Ming will follow up with you to determine or tweak your sizing. Our custom shirt business has tripled this year, so we've gotten really efficient with this process. @utopiaburger

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still chilly enough in NYC for layers and tweed pants :fu:

EP shirt, sashiko Doyle, and tweed walts (shoes are Allen Edmonds):

DDFFF9D2-32B8-48E3-9CA7-B898C049D3FA.jpeg
B5A2D945-3EBB-41B5-8E36-08EFEE0B7397.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads