• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Flying home today from IAH. Wearing the original natural horsehide GATs. I've got an N90 and a cloth mask over it. I'd say about 1/4 of the people here either have the mask below their nose or not on at all. This virus will never go away. People just don't care enough.

View attachment 1718110

Dang that's some gorgeous patina. And yeah, I'm supposed to fly home to MEM in January and part of me is just saying screw it, people are stupid and I'm not putting myself at risk. Considering I'm supposed to be playing a show in a bar in front of people, maybe cold winter air + a bunch of people jumping around and shouting isn't the best idea.

Great looking sneakers! Out of all the footwear that we ever did, I think those natty horsehide trainers were my absolute favorite. Followed closely by the Museum Calf ones.

If anyone is considering it but hasn't gotten it... I'd definitely encourage you to get the booster shot. It really does a lot for preventing initial infection. I got mine in early October and came back negative after attending an event in Orlando that might as well have been a COVID-19 moshpit. Since then, I've also had about a dozen direct indoor exposures to positive people - including family members - and I haven't contracted the virus. I'm sure that I'll get it sooner or later, but it's nice to keep putting that off. As treatments develop and knowledge increases, it's definitely better to get it in the future if you can avoid it now.

Haha, thank you for posting and enjoy those! Everyone... please behold the gold-plated RiRi zipper upgrade! We'll formally build this in as a $25 upgrade for future orders, but believe me, it's freaking worth it.

For the love of all things holy, please tell me this is part of a suit!

This was a separate trouser (one of the long-lost Wilhelms of Summer 2020), but it can absolutely be part of a suit.

Sashiko is still touch and go. We have a fabric delivery that just celebrated it's six week anniversary of floating off the coast of Long Beach. It's insane... no one can possibly estimate when this boat will be able to dock, but the latest estimate is early February. Our incoming cloth is trapped there with countless containers of all sorts of other goods.

As it stands, I have enough Sashiko fabric to do 75 chinos, and we'll launch that promo on Thursday for early Feb delivery. And I have enough cloth on rolls for about 15 tailored garments. We'll offer suits, sportcoats, trousers, Doyles, and Field Jackets in the same range of colors as our chinos.. most likely natural, indigo, gunmetal, olive, and vicuna.

@Epaulet is the Sinclair shape retired?

Yes and no. I don't have it available for custom work, BUT I think we can bring it back in limited capacity as a stock item. Our new factory is far more willing to do small runs, and making around 30 Sinclairs in two different fabrics could definitely make sense.

This is absolutely epic, you're wearing that suit perfectly!!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick heads up... there's a big update to our sale section with new styles & deeper discounts!

https://www.epauletbrand.com/collections/sale

Couple important things to note:

1. The vests make for really excellent gifts. There's no sleeves to contend with and the overall fit is easy, so as long as your recipient is average-ish height, just order his chest size and you're good to go.

2. We have the Sinclair, the vest and the Rivet chino on sale in Woolrich Herringbone tweed. The fabric is the same exact dye lot, so you can absolutely get a 2 or 3-piece suit if we have your sizes available. And if not.. I do have some more of that cloth to make a matching jacket or trouser at RTC.

3. Sashiko Mac's are now $165. They shan't ever be made again. Definitely the time to grab one if you've been thinking about it!

4. Black Ops Rivets and that bright plaid Chainstitch shirt are both marked down to $45!

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you received all the MTO cord Doyles from the latest round of orders? I lost track, but I know I still have one on the way sometime...

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mink with MOP
AF01C2A7-AA82-4E85-B355-0AF231EC29D0.jpeg

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Rivet Chino Sashiko Project: 4 Colors for early Feb Delivery
LjejNVFHRRPIKQJeEw-dqthkGefVWEBjhEj7P8OrwAkZCkvmpvbwwkKOfb0-hG6XDdetFcHfq-AC-Ep35065Fj4TU8I5YPWwmNUya0vPOdUJk05THTph_RDbtuixhtZ2wQ=s0-d-e1-ft

The Sashiko Rivet Chino is our best-selling Rivet Chino of all time! Our inventory for this fabric is extremely tight, and due to global shipping issues, we don't expect a restock until the late Spring.

We have enough cloth on hand to cut 60 units of Sashiko Chinos. That's all of it! So to optimize things, we're offering four colors and our entire size scale via preorder. These preorders are final sale, but they're also discounted 25% off the MSRP of $195.

If you preorder now, you can get a great price AND your preferred combo of size and color. We may have some open stock after delivery, but that will only be in the most popular colors, and our most core sizes (32 to 36).

Delivery is slated for early February, and we're very confident about that. As with our last two projects, our new LA production is very quick and organized.

Four colors are available... including a brand new British Khaki tone!

Rivet Chino Sashiko Indigo Preorder: $145, Sizes 28 to 40
Md9RR1giHcC4VB0nI3eDO5_7RIAGBZSahak5OWga7f1BREvQNd-CVzkuzInr5rA_mAOR2raPLnm9oR5HF8ZE8nQaYqNft7fYuaOSsnJGUAI6h0nbaDoeGVQ9NBH7J1PeLw=s0-d-e1-ft

Rivet Chino Sashiko British Khaki Preorder: $145, Sizes 28 to 40
pyeu2bm0BHlsrYZMaLs6XCqSM-a2dTDb3Bj9dzpr6HL1fIGsM3Fcp6tJ5i02FhGAaWzaFDB-F8w3UuEdZVkC632fQGkOY-1VtFYYaqC_CkaC5ZIgNl_G0JHmdnI3lkypTg=s0-d-e1-ft

Rivet Chino Sashiko Mink Brown Preorder: $145, Sizes 28 to 40
t-Q_O3MK4ahDw3Zql7XcmjTLbAAx4uTIsGlyXpFuGYMQRUCv-qhl57VcIqpFl1mhsTV5fOAf6Ipd2904tH-CJwAcP3JM5ozFm8FWsb5UKySQ18YWNWLR9n9Zw-4F7bi8dw=s0-d-e1-ft

Rivet Chino Sashiko Gunmetal Preorder: $145, Sizes 28 to 40
ExQfZi4HX7tFdZUdi-oW6MREkNap3fkbTKQ0a9F8w3lJpdeifhiq4MAqQtVKjDkfJV34fYE9bt6aWMsdCA-Zoz4inKy9bUkPOBhNrX4BD49v9bWjBhCsCEwBigbUehP06g=s0-d-e1-ft

Rivet Chino Sashiko Natural Preorder: $145, Sizes 28 to 40
x_l8S4d20yfz85_tGEV64KYgUhnDyEjL9P-bNtOBons5NB1IvZ3vYGVVS3YsjZYPvcOhZF3fX8qKXjNtAtBU__Wfc7ceOAVguVQw5bY1gJixqrBr8Y6XaqclqDNB0bEsfQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have pics of the sashiko rivets with some wear?

I have two pair of OG sashiko EZ pants. I’ve worn the heck out of one pair and barely worn the other. I had to reinforce both along the high tension seams after the initial wears, but other than that, it’s hard to recognize any wear. The one worn repeatedly looks the same as the one barely worn.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I feel like we already saw most of the pieces in that video a while ago. Any updates on the batch of Doyles you predicted for around Thanksgiving? Are we expecting after Christmas at this point?

@Mister GeeGollyGosh we received about a half dozen of them... I need to get the photos and videos organized for them. I'm moving to the 1-minute format on Instagram. I'll shoot a 60 second video of each custom garment that lands, and then try to periodically edit them together into a longer presentation for Youtube and here. Eventually we'll get everything streamlined.

I have another large box of pieces shipping out by this Tuesday, and from what I've been told, there's a few Doyles & Field Jackets in there, among suits and other things. With our crazy holiday and preorder shipping calming down, I'll try to be more present on here with updates. Was just a nutzo few weeks!

Sooooooo great, thank you so much for ordering! That jacket came out so ace with the MOP buttons.

I have two pair of OG sashiko EZ pants. I’ve worn the heck out of one pair and barely worn the other. I had to reinforce both along the high tension seams after the initial wears, but other than that, it’s hard to recognize any wear. The one worn repeatedly looks the same as the one barely worn.

Thanks for the feedback Patrick! I'll see if I can find some images of faded out Sashiko. The colors will lighten, it just takes a ton of use.

Oh and that seam issue has been entirely fixed. The problem is the thread. Anything that's garment dyed needs 100% cotton thread, as cotton-synthetic thread won't take the color completely.

Cotton-synthetic is stronger, but this doesn't really matter EXCEPT for the rear seam of a pant. That seam takes a lot of strain, and is more apt to break than any other. We changed the construction to a flat-felled seam (like a jean) for all Sashiko rivets to prevent that. Now there's no need to worry about a wardrobe malfunction!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a quick note about our Cashmerello fabric...

Cashmerello.jpg

This was our best-selling cloth of 2021. It's from Alumo Switzerland, and it's a ridiculously luxe blend of cotton and cashmere. Couple important things about it:

1) The fabric is on closeout from Individualized. There's enough to do about 9 more units. It costs a fortune, so the original retail was $425. It's been marked down to $295.

2) We have a 15% off code ( fall15 ) for the Seasonal Dress Shirt category which takes it to $250.75

3 It's seriously the softest, most luxe sport shirt fabric that you've ever felt. It's a brushed twill that's a bit heavier than an oxford but lighter than a flannel. You can wear it now through the very end of Spring.

4) This Ivory & Sky windowpane pattern is unstoppably boss, and works well as dress or casual. You could even go a bit avant-garde and do it with a band collar.

5) Once it's gone, it's gone for good

If you own custom shirts from us and this catches your eye, then trust me.... get your order in. You'll be blown away by this in person. If you're a first time custom shirt client, then Ming and I will be happy to help you dial in your size.

You can purchase it through this link, and remember code fall15 to get 15% off. Getting a fully custom, American made shirt with a seriously baller fabric for $250 is an incredible deal.

DapperDan08

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a quick note about our Cashmerello fabric...

View attachment 1722782

This was our best-selling cloth of 2021. It's from Alumo Switzerland, and it's a ridiculously luxe blend of cotton and cashmere. Couple important things about it:

1) The fabric is on closeout from Individualized. There's enough to do about 9 more units. It costs a fortune, so the original retail was $425. It's been marked down to $295.

2) We have a 15% off code ( fall15 ) for the Seasonal Dress Shirt category which takes it to $250.75

3 It's seriously the softest, most luxe sport shirt fabric that you've ever felt. It's a brushed twill that's a bit heavier than an oxford but lighter than a flannel. You can wear it now through the very end of Spring.

4) This Ivory & Sky windowpane pattern is unstoppably boss, and works well as dress or casual. You could even go a bit avant-garde and do it with a band collar.

5) Once it's gone, it's gone for good

If you own custom shirts from us and this catches your eye, then trust me.... get your order in. You'll be blown away by this in person. If you're a first time custom shirt client, then Ming and I will be happy to help you dial in your size.

You can purchase it through this link, and remember code fall15 to get 15% off. Getting a fully custom, American made shirt with a seriously baller fabric for $250 is an incredible deal.

I’m in!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads