• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GGMac

Reaction score
Its a little tough as everyone has different preferences and t-shirts these days tend to be looser and more relaxed. But knowing you... I think you’ll like the Small.

And don’t worry about more shrinkage, these ain’t changing from where they are
is this run fitting more generous than the previous run of heavyweight tees? Eventually my order will get here (it’s been bouncing back and forth between USPS locations all week) so can try for size.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its a little tough as everyone has different preferences and t-shirts these days tend to be looser and more relaxed. But knowing you... I think you’ll like the Small.

And don’t worry about more shrinkage, these ain’t changing from where they are
Last, maybe dumb question, but should all of the colors fit the same? I want to get one of these for my dad too. He's typically 42R in suits so was thinking large for him, but he likes the mink color

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like I need small as well. Is it not too late to change the order #51414 @Epaulet ?

Yup no problem... I gotcha! I'll be shipping out a lot of the t-shirt orders tomorrow.

Last, maybe dumb question, but should all of the colors fit the same? I want to get one of these for my dad too. He's typically 42R in suits so was thinking large for him, but he likes the mink color

Nope not a dumb question at all... many times the fit will vary a bit from one color to the next. In this case, I'd say that the dyed colors are all pretty much the same size, and the white ones are a touch larger. Chances are the white ones will shrink to be equivalent with a good amount of wash and wear.

And yes, go for a Large for your dad. I'll have Mink in hand tomorrow

Good Day All! Eva - any update on the Woolrich Tweed Sierra Vests? Cheers!

Yes sir.... won't be much longer! Expecting them in the next few weeks, along with a bunch of open stock vests.

Got my tracking info for my sashiko rivets - excited!

Yup.. can't wait to hear what you guys think! We shipped out about 60 Sashiko garments today, so it was full on.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's really exciting to see how the Kamigata made up in all of our colors...

The Jet Black one is basically commanding you to Strike First, and offer No Mercy....

DSC00135.jpg
DSC00136.jpg

And I can't believe how fly Chestnut is!!!!

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup no problem... I gotcha! I'll be shipping out a lot of the t-shirt orders tomorrow.

Nope not a dumb question at all... many times the fit will vary a bit from one color to the next. In this case, I'd say that the dyed colors are all pretty much the same size, and the white ones are a touch larger. Chances are the white ones will shrink to be equivalent with a good amount of wash and wear.

Yes sir.... won't be much longer! Expecting them in the next few weeks, along with a bunch of open stock vests.

Yup.. can't wait to hear what you guys think! We shipped out about 60 Sashiko garments today, so it was full on.
Perfect, thanks. Mink and Chestnut ordered. I still have a short and long sleeve henley from years ago that continue to hold up well. Hoping for the same with these!

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I still have not received a shipping notification on my sashiko rivets. Did they all ship?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Perfect, thanks. Mink and Chestnut ordered. I still have a short and long sleeve henley from years ago that continue to hold up well. Hoping for the same with these!

thank you... I think that you’re really going to dig them!

I still have not received a shipping notification on my sashiko rivets. Did they all ship?

I’m picking up Mink today, so none of those have shipped yet. We’re also holding orders of multiple pieces if they’re awaiting a mink garment. But I absolutely plan to be shipped out completely by the end of thr

Seeking advice on Sashiko Rivet sizing: order normal Rivet size?

yup, I’d definitely say so. They’ll feel a bit tighter on the very first wear, but they’ll stretch to spec in 10 minutes or so.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thankfully pricing has stayed steady since then! ;)

Haha yeah. I can tell you that he was talking about the Ravello Brixton boot (wingtip boot on double leather sole)... which we were probably selling for about $625.

He could have held onto that NIB for 11 years and realized some GameStop level gains!

Which BTW I bought two shares of at $300. Should have sold them already, but it's more entertaining to see how all of this plays out in the end.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha yeah. I can tell you that he was talking about the Ravello Brixton boot (wingtip boot on double leather sole)... which we were probably selling for about $625.

He could have held onto that NIB for 11 years and realized some GameStop level gains!

Which BTW I bought two shares of at $300. Should have sold them already, but it's more entertaining to see how all of this plays out in the end.
I had forgotten you guys did Alden even the rare shades back in the day. Carmina too as well. Your shop in NYC was the first time I ever tried on a pair of Carmina

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet Notice there are no 44 Kamigata's. What is the equivalent size to the OG Kamigata in XL?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads