• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir!

What vintage is that Tudor (derail into EPxWatch Appreciation Thread). I've admired Tudors on eBay. Some really nice stuff.
This is a 2013 Tudor Black Bay Heritage. They were released in the US last year. It is a pretty good bang for the buck. You can pick it up for under 3K new on leather strap.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is a 2013 Tudor Black Bay Heritage. They were released in the US last year. It is a pretty good bang for the buck. You can pick it up for under 3K new on leather strap.
very nice indeed!

I have the new Black Bay blue dial on pre-order

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Canvas Doyle

Stylish as always, my man.

How's the canvas Doyle? Is it warmer than the denim version? Thicker?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Stylish as always, my man.

How's the canvas Doyle? Is it warmer than the denim version? Thicker?

:fistbump:

Canvas is lighter weight (10 oz compared to the denim's 14 oz, I think) and a more open weave. You hold it up and you can see the light coming through. Denim is definitely heavier and a little warmer (both are cotton after all :))

mattp

Reaction score

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't have them on hand for a photo, sadly, but I wanted to chime in and say that these shoes are as great as they sound. My favorite fall/winter shoes by a mile.

If you could snap a couple pics, I'd really appreciate it.

What size are you and how did you size for this pair?

I wear an 8D in Barrie and measure an 8E. I could get away with a 7.5E in Barrie, probably.

I was thinking of going with a UK7.5 for the Carmina to give me a US8, since the details say the last has a roomy instep.

mattp

Reaction score

I wear an 8D in Barrie and measure an 8E. I could get away with a 7.5E in Barrie, probably.

I was thinking of going with a UK7.5 for the Carmina to give me a US8, since the details say the last has a roomy instep.
I typically need a wide last but found that the Oscar worked great for me. I'm an 11E Barrie; I went UK10.5 (US 11.5) in these and found they fit perfectly. They definitely do have a roomier instep; 10.5 Forest is too narrow for me.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am an 8d on the Barrie and a 7.5 in Carmina

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am an 8d on the Barrie and a 7.5 in Carmina

Do you have that shoe? The Clemens? Sounds like we're the exact same size.

Me too! I am in desperate need of a few pairs of nice summer pants.

+1

I would love a medium weight, cotton-linen blend fabric.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads