• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mike,

is it possible to do an MTO of the Driggs in ripstop fabric? or is that only for use with the Rivets? I have been living in my chocolate ones recently and would love a more tapered version

BrandonJG

Reaction score
I second some nice popover shirts! That being said, would changing to a half-placket/popover be a viable option for MTO? Also wondering about locker loops and rear collar buttons for button-downs.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IIRC, Mike & Co. actually had a hard time moving the last remnants of their popover run from a few seasons ago, thus making me think that another popover wouldn't be high on the to-do list.

Also, don't understand where sudden popover mania has stemmed from. A number of brands here on the board are now considering / doing such.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IIRC, Mike & Co. actually had a hard time moving the last remnants of their popover run from a few seasons ago, thus making me think that another popover wouldn't be high on the to-do list.

Also, don't understand where sudden popover mania has stemmed from. A number of brands here on the board are now considering / doing such.
This would lend itself to an MTO popover, and then all is well.
I for one, don't get it, but I am not the one to wear it.
However, it is a function of my personal style. I am sure it looks awesome on some folks.

BrandonJG

Reaction score

However, it is a function of my personal style. I am sure it looks awesome on some folks.

The popover, especially O.C.B.D versions, are an absolute classic. They're a touch more casual and are, in my opinion, more flattering untucked than a shirt with a full-length placket, but great tucked too. A short-sleeve version is much nicer than a tee, polo, and a short-sleeve shirt in the summer, too...I think. They've been around since the early 20th century.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The popover, especially O.C.B.D versions, are an absolute classic. They're a touch more casual and are, in my opinion, more flattering untucked than a shirt with a full-length placket, but great tucked too. A short-sleeve version is much nicer than a tee, polo, and a short-sleeve shirt in the summer, too...I think. They've been around since the early 20th century. 

I agree - it just all seems to have suddenly become the rage.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me,

The primary reasons I didn't pick up one from the old runs were 1) I didn't like them w/ the cutaway collar, which IMO works better buttoned and w/ a tie (am I crazy?) and 2) they were only avail in white and blue oxford cloth, which are obvious and versatile choices, but I already own at least 2 each of OCBDs in those colors. So, I'm more likely to buy that style in a different fabric (or at least color), and would be esp. stoked for in something a little more seasonal like a chambray (printed! anchors! stars!) or a linen material.

I get the reasoning, and I trust Mike and co. to roll out great choices in general but I'm throwing my POV out since we're having a momentary pop-over tangent. I did notice the slight uptick in interest on SF and a couple sites highlighting offerings (like Well Spent), but I also think that's partially attributable to the fact that it's June. Summer is coming (or here, depending on where you live).

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Canvas Doyle

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you sir!

What vintage is that Tudor (derail into EPxWatch Appreciation Thread). I've admired Tudors on eBay. Some really nice stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads