1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NCowardParody

NCowardParody Active Member

I should also add that I would be completely happy with an Heirloom in 42, especially since it sounds like these cardigans will stretch with wear. As I mentioned before, I tried on a 42 in-store and loved it. There was some strain on the buttons near the broadest parts of my chest but I have no doubt the 42 would ease into a great fit over time. I'm just interested in having the option to layer underneath this thing as it gets colder here in NYC, hence the 44...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  2. NCowardParody

NCowardParody Active Member

I've tried on both and yes - I'd say the Heirloom is significantly less bulky than the Hardie... but the Heirloom is still a thick, warm, cozy-ass son of a gun...

3. Jdub6

Jdub6 Well-Known Member

Totally stoked after receiving my first Epaulet garment in the black rivet chinos. The fit/quality is as stated. 34's are absolutely perfect for my 6'-170lb frame. So nice I couldn't help but order some in moleskin and G&L twill..very dangerous thread to subscribe to:)

4. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Well-Known Member

Racing Green Flannels
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Thanks! And glad to hear that you're pleased with it.

The two sweaters have a large difference in their style of knitting. The Heirloom has a very open knit that allows air to flow through. The Hardie is much more closed up. Both of them wear like the chunky pieces that they are.

The Heirloom - given its more open knit - works good as a jacket on earlier Fall days. It's 55 degrees today in Brooklyn, and I'm wearing mine as a jacket. It's absolutely perfect. I'd say that it would work as such from the low 60's to the low 50's. For the Hardie, you'd probably have to move that down by about 5 degrees - so around the mid 50s to mid 40s. Layered under another jacket, they'd both be equally warm.

It would have to be your style, but I think that you'd get a ton of wear out of it given your area.

6. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

Mike, I'm wearing my heirloom today in NYC as well. I picked mine up Friday. I absolutely love it. I have a ton of sweaters in this style (mostly from RRL), and this is probably the best. I'll buy them annually going forward

7. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Pardon my ignorance, but is winter white actually white? Or a cream-white?

8. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

So I wear suits/SCs for work and then outside of work I want to be super casual. Usually denim and a hoodie. I think I want to change my look outside of work. I might pull the trigger. Charcoal, Purple, or Glacier?

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

In for a grape or derby marl...hhhhmmm leaning grape but not sure yet

10. FLW

FLW Well-Known Member

If you are changing up your look, I'd go glacier. More unique than charcoal but less attention-attracting than grape. I have the grape, but it is definitely going to attract more attention than the other two.

As for people asking about fit, it is quite slim. I took my sport coat size and it fits fine but looks quite fitted. When Mike et al. says it fits with the general line of most EP goods they are 100% right.

11. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

What to do if I'm a 39 haha [​IMG]

12. zennypoo

zennypoo Well-Known Member

Get both!! Haha.

Just kopped a derby and glacier.

13. Epaulet

Excellent - glad to hear that you like it so much!

Oh and hey, if any Heirloom owners are on facebook, the people from Northern Watters would probably be jazzed if you throw them a like and a comment:

https://www.facebook.com/nwknitwear

The winter white flannel? It's pretty white, but not quite an optic white.

It's insane. It's a completely nutzo and very luxurious Fall/Winter pant. You definitely have to wear it carefully. Although, according to Thom Browne, they're safe for ice skating

[​IMG]

All jokes aside, they'll look a lot like that when made up. Match them with a navy flannel or cashmere blazer and they are seriously elegant.

Ah yeah, I feel like you're a grape dude :)

Charcoal is safe, very wearable, and an excellent match to denim. So is Derby.

Both Purple and Glacier are more eye-catching, but will work well with indigo. Kind of depends on your taste, but Glacier is far and away the favorite. It's a really electric color.

Definitely get the 40. It will look good on you, while the 38 has a good chance of being too small.

14. justinkapur

Charcoal kopped!

1 person likes this.
  15. Epaulet

Here's my fit pic for the day. Did a little Instagram montage....

[​IMG]

Dark Glacier Heirloom
    Faded Indigo Pique EPLA Tee
    Olive Cord Rudy's (from 2011, I think)
    Cigar Shell Trainers (pretty much wearing these every day)

4 people like this.
  16. justinkapur

I love the fit. Interesting to see that being worn with a tshirt. Now I am more excited that I kopped that bad boy

17. Epaulet

Thank you sir! And you'll love it. I actually wear mine with a t-shirt or polo. It's rad with a denim shirt too.

18. rydenfan

Done! Grape incoming

19. rydenfan

YES! Just got shipping confirmation on FF wool Rivets. Psyched!

20. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

Can we please stop this enabling lol. I'm about to pull the trigger on Glacier.