• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Are the cognac trainers getting restocked? The gap there from 11 to 12.5 US is just taunting me.
Not that exact one, but we'll have a brown leather / brown suede variant for early Spring
Can you (or anyone else) comment on how the Epaulet trainers fit in comparison to MMM? If I'm a 42 in MMM, would I be a 42 in the Epaulet trainers?
I'd recommend a 41.5 in ours, that's worked well for most guys
I'm also 5'10" and I put 2" cuffs on a good portion of my trousers. Frank is killing it in the last pages. Do we have a set time duration for this contest yet?
We'll look to get it going this week (launched in the newsletter on Friday) and maybe run it a few weeks. Probably do the final choice right after Thanksgiving.
Very cool contest Mike! I'm curious what a suit made of the brown wool-mink-cash would look like. Too soft on the materials? I'm interested either way (even though I still have 3 jackets MTO still on the way)
A suit in Sienna Mink-Cash would be freaking boss. It's definitely intended to be a sportcoat cloth. It's thick too and would look brilliant in the Napoli 3/8 liner model.
Sorry, I didn't mean to rustle anyone's jimmies. My point is just that the year-round heat & sunshine gets a bit monotonous after awhile. People who relocate to LA from elsewhere seem to really enjoy it at first but a couple years in start to miss having actual seasons. I grew up in Northern California, which is similar to LA with only a slightly colder and rainier winter, so this kind of weather is what I've had nearly my whole life. My parents are from the midwest though, and while overall they enjoy the CA climate, growing up I noticed their homesickness was always worst around Fall. Everywhere else the temperature is dropping and the leaves are changing color, but in CA, summer is just dragging on and on and there are no signs of change. The holidays are approaching and you want to get into that mindset but it's hard to think about drinking egg nog on an 80 degree day, for instance. So, I think a bit of change is nice. But the grass is always greener, I guess.
I've only been in Cali for a few weeks, but I'll echo this - and I think that many people feel this way. SoCal weather is freaking fantastic, but it is monotonous, and there's something to be said for the romance of cold days and snow. I miss it a little bit already. Plenty of customers come in here and complain that they can't wear Harris Tweed and such. Many of the guys who do own great menswear are frequently traveling. I'm not missing NYC's near-biblical level thunderstorms and Singapore-style humidity though. Not one bit.

asaa1000

Reaction score
Good to hear that the trainers will be available in more colors. Really digged the idea of a gat with quality leather, but none of the current colors appealed to me, a brown leather/suede will be fantastic!

OIx

Reaction score
Just got Lazio longsleeve polo (XS ) - like it very much, but it is borderline to being too small. What's your experience - do they shrink when washing ?

XS is kind of ok on torso (but quite slim fitting), and sleeves are actually too short and slim - if it shrinks even a bit after washing I would prefer to exchange for S size

stmaier

Reaction score

Mike--

Finally got to read through all of the Reddit AMA...I am old and had to print it out...saw a few things that piqued some interest

Will you guys still produce the Luchino polos or will the EPLA polo replace these? It seems like you were going to keep both based on the difference in fabric availability but just wanted to clarify

Oxblood Scotchgrain Cordovan from Vass? Please tell me you have a pic of this.

Rudy fit "Bond" selvage denim for Spring 2014...I am going to hold you to this...

Will you get a chance to build the Carmina MTOs for this Friday's drop?

Mike--

Just wanted to bump this as you have been offline for a bit.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rust steep twill Walts with EP cardigan and pinpoint oxford

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Just got Lazio longsleeve polo (XS ) - like it very much, but it is borderline to being too small. What's your experience - do they shrink when washing ?

XS is kind of ok on torso (but quite slim fitting), and sleeves are actually too short and slim - if it shrinks even a bit after washing I would prefer to exchange for S size

I'd definitely advise going up to the Small. Won't be too big on you and should be right on after the wash.

Good to hear that the trainers will be available in more colors. Really digged the idea of a gat with quality leather, but none of the current colors appealed to me, a brown leather/suede will be fantastic!

You know it! We're planning to also offer Dark Olive leather & suede and Black leather & Suede

Mike--

Just wanted to bump this as you have been offline for a bit.

Will you guys still produce the Luchino polos or will the EPLA polo replace these? It seems like you were going to keep both based on the difference in fabric availability but just wanted to clarify

Oxblood Scotchgrain Cordovan from Vass? Please tell me you have a pic of this.

Rudy fit "Bond" selvage denim for Spring 2014...I am going to hold you to this...

Will you get a chance to build the Carmina MTOs for this Friday's drop?

We'll most likely produce both Luchinos and EPLA polos. The design will largely be the same, but EPLA will be done in pima cotton pique, and retail around $80. Mercerized cotton is a much more expensive fiber, and we'll keep doing that in Italy.

Sorry about the Cordovan confusion - I probably just meant to type Oxblood Scotchgrain. They do indeed have that.

You know it on the Bond Jean! I'm starting patternwork on that in a week or so. It's definitely going to happen. I'd like denim to be a significant part of what we do by next season

I've cleared up quite a few things with Carmina, and we finally have a handle on deliveries and styles. We can build out some preorders shortly, and I think that you guys will be pleasantly surprised with the prices.

Rust steep twill Walts with EP cardigan and pinpoint oxford

Love the colors here

Did we determine if the FF jackets qualify for the contest?

Yup, absolutely. They were delivered in the Fall. Special Order Carminas from the Summer are also fair game.

Speaking of cold weather, 26 this morning...feels like 18, so:
Howlin' Scarf from EP
Fisherman Sweater (same Medium as my shirt size) THIS THING RULES!
IMG_6029_zps9d9b829e.jpg

IMG_6032_zpsfa5447bc.jpg

IMG_6037_zps3ba6af4c.jpg

The hat returns! Love it!

johanm

Reaction score
Do you guys plan on doing any more Rivet chinos in brushed twill cotton or bedford cord, in >10oz weight? Love the pairs I have but would jump at additional options.

stmaier

Reaction score

We'll most likely produce both Luchinos and EPLA polos. The design will largely be the same, but EPLA will be done in pima cotton pique, and retail around $80. Mercerized cotton is a much more expensive fiber, and we'll keep doing that in Italy.

You know it on the Bond Jean! I'm starting patternwork on that in a week or so. It's definitely going to happen. I'd like denim to be a significant part of what we do by next season

I've cleared up quite a few things with Carmina, and we finally have a handle on deliveries and styles. We can build out some preorders shortly, and I think that you guys will be pleasantly surprised with the prices

Great news. I really want to add the Aubergine Luchino when it gets restocked. Cannot wait to purchase a pair of Bond Jeans. Looking forward to getting my Carmina MTO fix.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Solovair vanilla brogues with navy heavy duck Rivets. These shoes are bonkers - they're calling out for louder socks, and are going to go perfectly with a pair of red corduroys I just bought.
Very cool. These look like great shoes. I definitely see them with red.

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok, two things:

1. 50 degrees F is COLD.
cold%5B1%5D.gif
I break out the Stark or a jacket or something when it dips below 70.

2. It's 90 degrees F in Woodland Hills today (where my office is). I would kill for some "weather" right about now. Jealous of you guys that are able to wear more interesting clothing...

Dude, I work in West Hills, 10 mins from Topanga Mall. When are we meeting up for pics?!

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not missing NYC's near-biblical level thunderstorms and Singapore-style humidity though. Not one bit.

Amen to that. I've been lucky to travel a lot. I've been on tropical islands and in the middle of jungles and deserts. Nothing is worse than the mix of heat and humidity in NYC in the middle of the summer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads