• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

3. Wool-Mink-Cashmere Sienna Brown Extra Fabric
I got my hands on another 30 yards of the brown wool-mink-cash. We could offer 15 more trousers, or I can offer MTO sportcoats at $900 a pop. I'd prefer to offer sportcoats first so that anyone interested can make a "suit of legend"

I haven't seen any responses to Mike's offer of MTO sportcoats in brown wool-mink-cash. What's up with that?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I will, but I won't get them back until Monday or so.

Too hard to choose! The mink ones dropped about a week after I put my order in so I didn't have to decide. They're definitely something special and unique. This is my first pair of heavy trousers so I think I would still choose the mocha. The mink blends seem to have something of a coarse/hairy texture to them? I like the mocha color a bit more as well. Would the brown minks be too close in color to a dark brown shoe? The mocha shade is comfortably in between my walnut and brown shoes, so it should work with both.

I'm 5' 10". It's good to hear that someone my height used the same cuff measurement.

I'm also 5'10" and I put 2" cuffs on a good portion of my trousers.

Frank is killing it in the last pages.

Do we have a set time duration for this contest yet?

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EP caramel ducks and blue button down chambray. Two of my fav Epaulet offerings.

I know the the photo quality is terrible.

DAC4DD8F-1507-4C37-9F23-01D1BAB09C52-2571-0000066B6ED7B16D_zpscd44c5ee.jpg

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Admit it Mike, weather in LA sucks! LOL
Johnston's Scarf, AL Watch Cap from EP

Damn.

Nope. Not likely to see that in LA. Though I have seen kids in Southern Calif. break out the Patagonia down and a knot cap for a 50 degree day. I'll be charitable: it was probably colder when they left the house in the morning.

aldenfan

Reaction score
Sterlingwear of Boston. It's the Authentic style (I believe that's the slim one) in 38L.
Nice, looking at getting one of those now. What color is that? It doesn't look quite like the oxford grey but maybe it is the lighting?

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a pretty standard grey. I'll PM you a photo in normal lighting. It's a tough coat and great for winter. If only it were an Epaulet collab ;)

Nice, looking at getting one of those now. What color is that? It doesn't look quite like the oxford grey but maybe it is the lighting?

Todd V

Reaction score

It's a pretty standard grey. I'll PM you a photo in normal lighting. It's a tough coat and great for winter. If only it were an Epaulet collab ;)

Is love to see a made in USA spiewak 8 button peacoat.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Epaulets are way nicer. MMM is corrected grain crap (and yes I have MMMs)

Can you (or anyone else) comment on how the Epaulet trainers fit in comparison to MMM? If I'm a 42 in MMM, would I be a 42 in the Epaulet trainers?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn.

Nope. Not likely to see that in LA. Though I have seen kids in Southern Calif. break out the Patagonia down and a knot cap for a 50 degree day. I'll be charitable: it was probably colder when they left the house in the morning.

You just described me. One of the few folks in L.A. with top/overcoats. When it's in the 40s C here, it is blizzard status. Lol.

beez

Reaction score
EP caramel ducks and blue button down chambray. Two of my fav Epaulet offerings.

I know the the photo quality is terrible.

DAC4DD8F-1507-4C37-9F23-01D1BAB09C52-2571-0000066B6ED7B16D_zpscd44c5ee.jpg
Tricky - how'd you get that "skinnier" fit on your Ducks? Did you size down? I wear a 32 in Walts, but the Ducks at 32 seem baggy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads