• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Todd V - I'm certainly no expert but the main issue looks like the front balance is off. Maybe it's just the way you're standing, but the quarters look completely closed. It also might be due to the height of the buttoning point. The jacket doesn't look excessively short, but you might need a 37S rather than an XS so that the buttoning point is more proportionate.

Last edited:

Todd V

Reaction score
Thanks for the input Frank and Beatle -- I see I was leaning back in that photo. That accounts for the back bubble as well. I have habit of that. Here's a few more with better posture. Does this look better?

Edit: Adding MUCH better photos with proper trousers. Less bunching of the shirt under the jacket and bulkiness of the jeans. Nevermind the tie -- I had different suit on at work. :)

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A photo with a little bit of fall color for wj4:

Navy label shirt, Barena knit sport coat, and sanded canvas Walts

Ha ha. I was thinking the same thing... That shirt looks nice. Tempted to get one at that sale price.

Also @Todd V, the length looks fine to me.

No fair, dudes. I already plan on going to Home Depot for my photo submission to get some fall colors in the background :(

I also agree with Frank in regard to Todd's jacket not being too short. I think at your height, if the jacket was to cover your whole rear, it'd be too long.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The button stance looks a bit high, but only to a #menswear nit-picky eye. The bottom hem doesn't pass your thumb and covers your ass, which makes it a good length in my book.

Nice jacket! One of my favorite FFs they've done.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Nice jacket Todd. I saw the swatch in person and the goldenrod is definitely very nice.

Todd V

Reaction score

The button stance looks a bit high, but only to a #menswear nit-picky eye. The bottom hem doesn't pass your thumb and covers your ass, which makes it a good length in my book.

Nice jacket! One of my favorite FFs they've done.

The button stance could be a tad lower I'm sure. If I went with a Short (-1") instead of XShort (-2") I really think it'd be too long. It would be longer than any other suit I have and I'm ususally complaining that my jackets are too long. I'm hard to please. :smarmy:

I guess my FF jacket lays more like this:

and less like this:

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you made a great choice, length-wise. I hear ya on the hard to please bit, too!

Wade

Reaction score
Is the single breast Veneto and vest going to be restocked this season or is it a wait until next year?

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ No restocks on those this season, per earlier response by Mike (I think). Only 1 shipment per season on those.

Reaction score
Mike,

Any plans to restock the two-tone Greeley balmorals in calf/suede again? Missed out on them when they were a MTO option...

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rob, that sweater is fantastic. I've been debating it for almost a year, but find it too orange in the photos - although it looks more burgundy based on you. What's your take IRL?

EDIT: Nvm - looks like my size is gone. So goes the Epaulet train.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Waiting for the snow... Cranberry windowpane FF sport coat and FF corduroy Walts. Geelong cardigan hiding underneath.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads